*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1581968-Two-cents
by sayan
Rated: E · Message Forum · Experience · #1581968
Weekly forum. Not for fame or game, for safety a name.
Everybody's making fun that it's an era of people getting fat. Yet millions suffer and die from lack of appetite or anorexia. Two cents is a weekly and sometimes fortnightly non-profit reading material (I only have a slow dial up PC with Red Hat Linux crashing often) that gives pragmatic scientific advice based on experience or evidence. The motto is if we're doing it, let it be done well, simple and inexpensive ways to improve quality of life Theoretically we are getting Alzheimer's because we live longer and cancer patients often don't get that nanotechnology promised in five years. Though hundred antidepressants have come up since the 1960s, people are made to eat kilograms of lithium a year for it's mood darkening ("stabilising") effect. Doctors prescribe without knowing exact mechanisms. Every body is different. The material written may be there in another site, surely in one of the millions of blogs, it's reading it that matters. There are no claims attached, just personal experience. If you want to kill me I live in Salt Lake City, India. If I had a GSM phone I'd give the number. If you want to add, give your own experience, anonymous if desired, post a new message or email sayan@writing.com (I'll give a non-site email later) and I'll print it as long as it's honest, legit and sincere. 

This week: Oh no! Another home made facial?
Unless you are allergic to aspirin, you can do this even if you have stomach ulcers. That's because you are not eating it and it's for skin and for a few minutes only. Though countless creams/gels are there to deliver vitamins, antioxidants and other nutrients, a little is absorbed let alone the cost. Take a few aspirin tablets in a bowl, let it not be enteric coated tablets, about 500mg aspirin should do. Add a teaspoon of water and 1/2 tsp honey.(if you're allergic or it's costly use glycerin) The tablets should dissolve and stir it to make a coarse jelly. Use it just like any other AHA face mask/exfoliating cream. Softly massage on face avoiding eyes and mouth. If you can afford, a vitamin E capsule can be pierced and contents added to the soup. After 5-10 minutes rinse well, (if it irritates much or feels burning, stop and wash off at once and do not use again) feel softer skin, not more than once or twice a week. Unlike AHAs (alpha hydroxy acids) which are water soluble, salicylic acid is BHA (beta hydroxy acid) that is fat soluble, so it works well as a scrub, specially in acne or oily skin types, in very polluted cities and for smokers. Smoking is bad for skin. Avoid alcoholic skin toners.
Next week: 18000 or 50mg, how much vitamin C is ideal? Simple soap wash, done at once can prevent tetanus and rabies? Or your topic, can be astronomy or a movie review.
4 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 1 · per page   < >
by sayan  •  10-15-09 @ 12:34 pm
by sayan  •  07-27-09 @ 1:59 pm
by sayan  •  07-18-09 @ 1:29 pm
by cecilia  •  07-16-09 @ 1:10 pm

Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!