*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1679700-Slider-Exchange
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #1679700
Share your creations and get advice for this feature! The Slider Party is on!
For the Slider Exchange

*XG**XG**XG*

Hello, and welcome to the Slider Exchange! This humble forum was created as a venue for Writing.com members to talk about the new slider feature available to all members. If you're wondering what a slider is, here's the definition pulled straight from "--> Writing.Com's new portfolio & community tools!.

Each portfolio gets their own set of Sliders -- think magnetic poetry. You create the "Words", which can include phrases, emoticons and other "Small" writingML" -- like "item" and "post", but not "bitem" or "image"... and anyone can move them around! Like what you've created on the board? Take a snapshot and save it! Visitors to the sliders page can view past snapshots.

Anyone can create a slider. When you're logged in, simply go to your portfolio page and click the Sliders tab. From there, just fill in the words to create your first snapshot and let loose! And remember the Slider Snapshot tag, which I've pasted below for your reference.

You can reference snapshots with WritingML: {snapshot:#######} where ###### is the snapshot's ID number.

Now what can you do in this forum? Here are some ideas.

*NoteO* Share slider snapshots you have created.
*NoteO* Share slider snapshots others have created that impressed you.
*NoteO* Ask questions about how to make sliders (e.g. getting good word combinations).
*NoteO* Promote slider-related activities.
*NoteO* Suggest slider activities.

Other slider-related topics are welcome. I do ask that you just keep a few rules in mind when posting here.

RULES

*Bullet* Keep all language to a 13+ level. I don't see a need for swearing but have the rating set if you wish to use a word like "heck".
*Bullet* If your Slider merits a rating of 18+ or higher, please make a note of it in the subject of your post.
*Bullet* Keep your advertising limited to Slider related items. For example, if you have a how-to article in your portfolio that is a static item, you may promote it here. Slider contests may also be promoted. However, if you're coming here to plug something that's not related to or inspired by a slider, your post will be suspended.
*Bullet* Try to keep off topic posts to a minimum. After all, this place is about Sliders. *Wink*
*Bullet* Show respect to your fellow members. This should be fairly obvious, but I feel it never hurts to repeat this.

On that note, have fun! Feel free to post or e-mail me if you have any questions!
8 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 1 · per page   < >
by Itchy Water~fictionandverse  •  09-07-12 @ 2:30 pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik  •  09-01-12 @ 11:24 am
by Elisa the Bunny Stik  •  08-30-12 @ 11:24 pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik  •  08-29-12 @ 11:47 pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik  •  03-20-11 @ 9:27 pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik  •  11-21-10 @ 12:49 pm
by Wordsmitty ✍️  •  06-06-10 @ 8:15 pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik  •  06-06-10 @ 1:00 pm

Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1679700-Slider-Exchange