*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1886470-WDC-Around-the-World--CLOSED
Rated: E · Message Forum · Activity · #1886470
Travel around the World with Jace and celebrate WDC's 12th Birthday....
A logo for WDC Around the World auction.

A special thank you, The StoryMistress , for the awesome banner.
And thank you, Brooklyn , for the lovely ribbon.
Finally, thanks to very thankful , the muse of my first Travel Auction upon which this activity is based.

An Auction, hosted by JACE - House Targaryen

To celebrate Writing.Com's 12th Birthday , and to support three groups that help so many members across the site, I present this Auction for your participatory pleasure. 

Here's the twist:

We have members from all over the world, and to honor their participation, I would like our members to feature a little bit about their culture in the form of a package donation.  I have always enjoyed traveling and suspect others do as well.  Please allow us to see your countries, states, and homes through your eyes.

Name your donated package after the place where you live OR a place you've traveled to, AND tell us a little something that most people don't know about that location.  If you provide a link to a photo of your location, I will include it for all to see.  We are now accepting donations beginning immediately; please post in the forum below.

Bidding will run from 00:00 am WDC time on Saturday, Sept. 1 through 11:59 am WDC time on Wednesday, Sept. 12th.

Artwork for an auction.
The World is a book, and those who do not  travel read only a page. 
~St. Augustine

Proceeds Disseminated:
*Giftt*  713,100 GPs donated to "RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group E: RAOK (Random Acts Of Kindness) helps members by Upgrading them.
CONGRATULATIONS!

*Giftp*  713,100 GPs donated to "The WDC Angel Army ASR: Dedicated to promoting positivity, encouragement, and support to the WDC community.
CONGRATULATIONS!

*Giftw*  713,100 GPs donated to "The Talent Pond ASR: The Talent Pond is working with you to achieve your writing goals.
CONGRATULATIONS!

*Giftg*  237,700 GPs to JACE - House Targaryen for his participation around the site.
Thank you for everyone's support.

Incentives:

DONORS:  (CLOSED for donations.)

1  The first person (other than the host) to donate a package will receive a Merit Badge.
                   *Bullet*  Travel merit badge to LJPC - the tortoise

10  The tenth person (other than the host) to donate a  package will receive a Merit Badge.
                   *Bullet*  Travel merit badge to warriormom

20  The twentieth person (other than the host) to donate a package will receive a Merit Badge. (Donated by Jace from private funds.)
                   *Bullet*  Travel merit badge to Shaye

*Dollar*  Donations of 50K or more will receive a Travel merit badge.  (Donated by Jace from private funds)  Please make donations to "The World Bank at #1599634.
                   *Bulletb* Nixie Martell cheerleader   51K--MB sent.  Thank you!
                   *Bulletb* GabriellaR45   50K--MB refused.  Thank you!
                   *Bulletb* BIG BAD WOLF is hopping   50K--MB sent.  Thank you!
                   *Bulletb* 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷   55K--MB to be sent 9/21.  Thank you!
                   *Bulletb* Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox   51K--MB sent.  Thank you!
                   *Bulletb* Jay's debut novel is out now!   50K--MB sent.  Thank you!

BIDDERS:  (CLOSED for bidding.)

*Giftr*  The first person to bid 40,000 or more on a single package will receive a Merit Badge.  (Donated by Jace from private funds.)
                   *Bullet* Travel merit badge to Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892

*Giftg*  The first person to bid 100,000 or more on a single package will receive a Merit Badge for themselves and another for a friend.  (Donated by Jace from private funds.)
                   *Bullet*  Travel merit badges to Missy ~ EnjoyingBeingAMommy and Tiggy-Cheers for House Martell

*Globe2*  The first to bid 500,000 or more on a single package will receive A Trip Around the World. (Donated by Jace from private funds.)
                             - A 'Travel' Merit Badge for you and a friend  Done
                             - A Port Raid of eight (8) reviews
                             - A 25K ribbon for my favorite story or poem
                             - At least 5k in raffle tickets  Done

*Bullet*  Thanks to Prof Moriarty for his bid, and Travel MBs to him and to Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk .  Remaining package forthcoming.

*Gold* The person who puts the total gift points raised over 1,000,000 GPs will receive an 'Improvement' merit  badge. (Donated by Jace from private funds)
                   *Bullet*  Improvement merit badge to Prof Moriarty

*Gold* The person who puts the total gift points raised over 1,500,000 GPs will receive a 'Travel' merit  badge. (Donated by Jace from private funds)
                   *Bullet*  Travel merit badge to 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷

*Gold* The person who puts the total gift points raised over 2,000,000 GPs will receive a merit  badge of their choice. (Donated by 🌷 Carol St.Ann 🌷 --Thank you!)
                   *Bullet*  Educational merit badge to ~WhoMe???~

*Clock*  The last person to post a qualified bid will receive a 'Determination' merit badge.  (Donated by Jace from private funds.)
                   *Bullet*  Determination merit badge to ~WhoMe???~

Now, It's Time To See The World

A small Globe
#1 ~ Egypt          PAID
~ Despite all the sun and sand, it can get cold in the winter (30-60F) and there's no indoor heating.  *Shock* ~

Donated by: LJPC - the tortoise            COMPLETED
The Egypt Package Includes: 
*Bullet*  Review one chapter OR a short story (no erotica)
*Bullet*  A Merit Badge

Starting Bid: 7 K
Current Bid: 21 K by Maryann - House Martell

A small Globe
#2 ~ British Columbia, Canada          PAID
~ Canada has no true desert, but does have areas that exhibit desert-like terrain. British Columbia, towards it's southern most corner of the Okanagan Valley in Osoyoos, is considered a semi-desert. It is 15 miles long with over 100 rare plants and over 300 rare animals. It's also the world's only desert that has a boardwalk for people to walk on! ~

Donated by: dejavu_BIG computerprobs            COMPLETED
The British Columbia Package Includes: 
*Bullet*  A Mini-Shower from "Showering Acts of Joy Group, including 5 Reviews, 1k Raffle Tickets, 1 k in gps
*Bullet*  PLUS a Bubble Bath add-on of a 2k gift certificate to Image Shop of Your Choice

Starting Bid: 8 K
Current Bid: 8 K by dblameck (David)

A small Globe
#3 ~ North East England          PAID
~ The North East features woodland such as Kielder Forest, which is the largest man-made forest in Europe!  ~

Donated by: blue jellybaby            COMPLETED
The North East England Package Includes
*Bullet*  Three short story reviews
*Bullet*  A Merit Badge

Starting Bid: 10 K
Current Bid: 20 K by Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk

A small Globe
#4 ~ Nigeria          PAID
~ Nigeria boasts of a diverse culture with over 250 ethnic groups and more than 500 living languages. Its geography is just as varied with tropical rain forests, coastal plains, and mangrove swamps in the South while savannahs, plateaus and deserts dust the North. One of its most famous geographical features is the River Niger (the third largest river in Africa), which starts in Guinea and flows right through Nigeria (dividing it into three major parts) before flowing down to the Niger Delta and into the Atlantic Ocean.
My fondest childhood memories involved traveling across the great Niger bridge and seeing the massive river emerging through the morning mists like a ghostly mirage. Absolutely beautiful. ~
Pic of the Niger River Bridge from  [Link To User kiyasama] .

Donated by: kiyasama           COMPLETED
The Nigeria Package Includes:
*Bullet*  A 3 month upgrade on behalf of "The WDC Angel Army
*Bullet*  A PDF copy of my book "Witness to Love"
ASIN: 1600546129
Product Type: Book
Amazon's Price: Price N/A
Not currently available.

*Bullet*  A 10K gift certifcate to "Kiya's Sig & Banner Shop
*Bullet*  A Travel merit badge

Starting Bid: 100 K
Current Bid: 100 K by Missy ~ EnjoyingBeingAMommy

A small Globe
#5 ~ New Zealand          PAID
~ New Zealand is the first country in the world to greet each new day: more precisely, the city Gisborne is the first to see the sun. And I bet you didn't know that in our country there are 10 sheep to every 1 person, Auckland has the largest number of boats per capita than any other city in the world, and we've won more Olympic gold medals per capita, than any other country.!

Some beautiful images taken on the Bridge To Nowhere tramp on the Wanganui River:
** Image ID #1886908 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1886906 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1886911 Unavailable ** ~

Donated by: Fi            COMPLETED
The New Zealand Package Includes:  (May be gifted to a friend)
*Bullet* Novel review: every chapter (as many as are posted). Does not have to be a finished novel. Any genre accepted but please not gay/lesbian or erotica. Alternatively, I am willing to review at least five poems and/or short stories
*Bullet*  Merit Badge of winner's choice
*Bullet*  10k in raffle tickets
*Bullet*  c-Note w/ 2k in GPs

Starting Bid: 20 K
Current Bid: 50 K by Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892

A small Globe
#6 ~ The United States of America          PAID
~ The United States of America is a constitutional republic comprised of 50 unique states.  The first documentary evidence of the phrase "United States of America" was in an anonymously written essay published in the Virginia Gazette newspaper in Williamsburg, Virginia on April 6, 1776.  In June 1776, Thomas Jefferson included the phrase "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA" in all capitalized letters in the headline of his "original Rough draught" of the Declaration of Independence. ~

Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States

Washington Monument

Donated by: The StoryMaster            COMPLETED
The USA Package Includes:  In honor of the 50 states in the Union, a unique Item ID Number of 505050 to be assigned to any item by the winner

Starting Bid:  236 K
Current Bid: 600 K by Prof Moriarty

(And an instant prize of 5000 GPs from Jace to the first person to post the correct significance of the starting bid amount. Won by gladiola .  Congrats!)

A small Globe
#7 ~ Maryland          PAID
~ Maryland possesses a variety of topography, almost America in miniature.  It ranges from sandy dunes dotted with seagrass in the east, to low marshlands teeming with wildlife and large bald cypress near the bay, to gently rolling hills of oak forest in the Piedmont Region, to pine groves in the mountains to the west. ~

Donated by: dogpack:saving 4 premium: DWG on behalf of "disABILITY WRITERS GROUP
The Maryland Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Five reviews of my choice
*Bullet*  Five "ONE SIZE FITS ALL RAFFLE iS OPeN tickets
*Bullet*  A Group Hug consisting of a Merit Badge, 1200 gift points and a cNote

Starting Bid: 12 K
Current Bid: 22 K by ~WhoMe???~

A small Globe
#8 ~ Ontario, Canada          PAID
~ Canada's most populous province, Ontario is the economical heart of Canada.  It is home to the nation's capital, Ottawa, and the most populous city, Toronto. ~

Donated by: dblameck (David)            COMPLETED
The Ontario Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Four reviews of erotic stories up to 5000 words each
*Bullet*  An Erotica merit badge
*Bullet*  A 10K Awardicon

Starting Bid: 15 K
Current Bid: 50 K by Prof Moriarty

A small Globe
#9 ~ Colorado          PAID
~ The current mountain range is not the only range we've had in this Rocky Mountain state.  The mountain range we're famous for is relatively young, forming around 70 million years ago, pushing up remnants of the older range. So when people come to Colorado for hiking, skiing, and other fun activities, they may be kicking around far older sediments.  ~

Donated by: Phoenix            COMPLETED
The Colorado Package Includes:
*Bullet*  One In-depth chapter review
*Bullet*  A Merit Badge
*Bullet*  Ten raffle tickets of my choice

A small Globe
#10 ~ Sylacauga, Alabama          PAID
~ Sylacauga, the beautiful, has the largest deposit of white marble in the world. It is also home to Gravity Hill. You can park near the bottom of Gravity Hill, put your car in neutral, and feel the car roll uphill. It is actually an optical illusion, but it's fun to show your friends! ~

Donated by: warriormom           COMPLETED
The Sylacauga Package Includes:
*Bullet*  A Merit Badge of the winner's choice
*Bullet*  A Scholarship to "Invalid Item for any course of any term during the next 12 months
*Bullet*  A 2K gift certificate to an image shop
*Bullet*  2K in raffle tickets

Current Bid: 50 K by Jay's debut novel is out now!

A small Globe
#11 ~ Miles City, Montana          PAID
~ Every year they host the one and only Bucking Horse Sale often called Cowboy Mardi Gras. Not only is it fun, but many of the bucking horses seen in rodeos in the US and Canada are purchased at this show every year.  Miles City is where General George A. Custer set out from for Little Big Horn. It is a cross roads in time. ~
** Image ID #1887267 Unavailable **

Donated by: bertiebrite hoping for peace
The Miles City Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Two In-depth chapter reviews of any novel or novella (author's choice)
*Bullet*  Five In-depth short story reviews (author's choice)
*Bullet*  A merit badge of my choice

Current Bid: 15 K by blue jellybaby

A small Globe
#12 ~ Yellow Rose of Texas          PAID
~ I have lived in Texas all my life, and our state flower is the yellow rose. It symbolizes friendship.  I also grow sunflowers and will send some sunflower seeds to the winner of this package.  Did you know that sunflowers grow like weeds, and the flowers always face the sun?~

Donated by: a Sunflower in Texas
The Yellow Roses Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Three reviews
*Bullet*  A bouquet of yellow roses from an agency such as 1-800-Flowers
*Bullet*  Six postcards depicting various sites in Dallas

Note:  Winner must provide a valid address for the flowers and postcards to be sent.

Starting Bid: 25 K
Current Bid: 65 K by ~WhoMe???~

A small Globe
#13 ~ Edmond, Oklahoma          PAID
~ Oklahoma means Land of the Red Man, and more Native American tribes can be found in the state than in any other state. A glimpse of Oklahoma can be found in my poem: 

STATIC
Why Oklahoma?  (E)
Many overlook the possibilities offered by Oklahoma.
#552687 by Vivian
~
Every year, a huge pow wow in held in downtown Oklahoma City: Red Earth.
A young Native American dances in a pow wow competition.
Oklahoma has thousands of shore line along lakes and rivers. Although the state is often thought a flat dry land, many people are surprised at the water, trees, hills, and valleys. One lake is found inside the Edmond city limits.
The moon shines over Lake Arcadia

Donated by: Vivian
The Edmond, Oklahoma Package Includes:
*Bullet*  A collection of 4RV books (http://www.4rvpublishing.com/), shipped within the U.S.A. only
Note:  Winner must provide a valid mailing address.

Starting Bid: 30 K
Current Bid: 65 K by Nikola~Loving Her Gracie Girl!

A small Globe
#14 ~ Canada          PAID
~ Canada is a North American country consisting of ten provinces and three territories. Located in the northern part of the continent, it extends from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean, and northward into the Arctic Ocean. Canada is the world's second-largest country by total area, and its common border with the United States is the world's longest land border. ~

** Image ID #1887847 Unavailable **

Donated by: Lornda~ House of Martell ~            COMPLETED
The Canadian Friendship Package Includes each of the following for the winner AND a friend:
*Bullet*  A 'Travel' Merit Badge
*Bullet*  5k in Gift Points
*Bullet*  A 2k Gift Certificate to "Beyond the Pond Images"
*Bullet*  Reviews credited for five days

Current Bid: 35 K by ~WhoMe???~

A small Globe
#15 ~ Germany          PAID
~ Germany is a country in central Europe, consisting of 16 federal states, Lower Saxony (where i live *Smile*) being the most beautiful of them. With a relatively small area of roughly 350.000 square kilometers, my home country offers everything from the ocean (one with tides, one without) to beautiful mountain scenery, and is also home to much more delicious things than Sauerkraut and Bratwurst--for example, my favorite kind of Christmas treats, Lebkuchen. ~
 A willow tree--Winter in Lower Saxony, Germany

Donated by: tanya           COMPLETED
The Germany Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Three (3) reviews of items in winner's port (my choice)
*Bullet*  A 25k Awardicon to the one I like best
*Bullet*  An appropriate Merit Badge of my choice

Current Bid: 50 K by Prof Moriarty

A small Globe
#16 ~ Los Angeles, California          PAID
~ The Greater Los Angeles Area is home to nearly eighteen million people. Los Angeles, as of 2010, is the third richest and fifth most influential city in the world according to CNN. It is also the third largest economic center in the world, behind Tokyo and New York. Nearly one out of every ten revenue dollars in Los Angeles is generated by the entertainment industry. ~

Donated by: Jaeff | KBtW of the Free Folk
The Hollywood Screenwriter Experience Package Includes:
*Bullet*  An Entertainment MB
*Bullet*  A 25K Awardicon to an item of Donor's choice
*Bullet*  A one-hour Q&A about screenwriting with me
*Bullet*  A copy of two movie screenplays of Winner's choice (to be selected from a list of those I have access to; hard copies will be sent if you provide a U.S. mailing address - sent via email otherwise)
*Bullet*  Script notes from a Hollywood creative executive (me) for one of your screenplays. (If you don't have a screenplay, you can substitute this for a review of one novella-length [50,000 words max] item on WdC)

Starting Bid: 75 K
Current Bid: 255 K by ~WhoMe???~

A small Globe
#17 ~ Arlington, Texas          PAID
~ Arlington, Texas is the home of Cowboys Stadium, where Dallas just beat the Miami Dolphins 30-13 in their final pre-season game, and the home of Arlington Stadium where the Texas Rangers regale the residents of this fair city with their baseball action.  One thing you may not know about these two teams: they are literally right next to each other, as Cowboys Stadium was built between Arlington Stadium and a Walmart.  It is also where I've sold five hard copies of my book, Learning To Cope, Words and Wisdom, by Steve Cope. ~

Donated by: Steve adding writing to ntbk.            COMPLETED
The Arlington, Texas Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Three reviews of poetry of my choice
*Bullet*  A 10K awardicon for my favorite
*Bullet*  A soft cover copy of my book which is 26 pages, with a unique page 27 which will feature a one of a kind acrostic of the winner's name. This makes each copy of the book I sell a 1st edition and unique to the one who buys or wins it in the auctions I offer it in the WdC.

Note:  The winner must provide a valid mailing address.  The book will be mailed with an additional unique bookmark that I wrote to fit a bookmark format in 2009, and another bookmark just to add to the value of the package that I will include with the book.

Current Bid: 30 K by ShiShad

A small Globe
#18 ~ Washington D.C.          PAID
~ Better known to locals as D.C. or "The District", Washington, D.C. was officially established by the Constitution in 1790 as the nation's capital. It is not a state and as such has no true representation in Congress. Instead, there is a non-voting delegate in the House of Representatives and a shadow Senator. In fact, residents of The District of Columbia were not able to vote in Federal elections until 1964. D.C. is not only home to the President of the United States, but also home to the largest museum in the world, the Smithsonian, which is comprised of 19 museums and galleries; the National Zoo; and several research facilities. Locals take full advantage of the proximity of this wealth of culture often as entry to these museums and galleries are free! ~

Donated by: Diane
The Presidential Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Review of three short stories or three chapters in a novel
*Bullet*  A Travel Merit badge
*Bullet*  A three month upgrade on behalf of "RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group

Current Bid: 100 K by JACE - House Targaryen

A small Globe
#19 ~ Washington State          PAID
~ Here's a few facts about my home. State flower: Rhododendron,  State Fish: Steelhead Trout,  State Gem: Petrified Wood,  State Fruit: Apple,  State Insect: Green Darner Dragonfly,  State Marine Mammal:Orca, and the State Vegetable: Walla Walla Onion.  ~
Mt. Rainier, courtesy of  [Link To User whome] A scenic pic of Washington state, courtesy of  [Link To User whome] .

Donated by: ~WhoMe???~
The Washington Package Includes:  A bear hug bundle special from "♥Bear Hugs Delivery Request♥, which consists of:
*Bullet*  Five C-NOTES (1 a day for five days with a nice cheery message)
*Bullet*  A merit badge
*Bullet*  A 10K awardicon

Current Bid: 70 K by Prof Moriarty

A small Globe
#20 ~ South West England          PAID
~ A higher proportion of the population of the South West live in rural areas than in any other English region. ~
** Image ID #1888748 Unavailable **

Donated by: Shaye            COMPLETED
The South West England Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Five Tickets to "Invalid Item
*Bullet*  Five Short Story or a Chapter reviews (Below 18+)
*Bullet*  A 5K Gift Certificate to an image shop
*Bullet*  Five Day Review Crediting

Current Bid: 25 K by ShiShad

A small Globe
#21 ~ Arkansas, Diamond in the Rough          PAID
~ Crater of Diamonds State Park is a 911-acre Arkansas state park in Pike County, Arkansas in the United States. The park features a 37.5 acres plowed field. The Crater of Diamonds State Park in Murfreesboro is the only diamond mine in the world open to the public. Diamonds have continuously been discovered in the field since 1906, including the world's only perfect diamond ever discovered, the Strawn-Wagner Diamond. ~

Donated by: Brooklyn            COMPLETED
The Arkansas Diamond in the Rough Encouragement Package Includes:
*Bullet*  A 12-Piece Encouragment Party, including:
          - Four encouraging reviews: One for you and three friends
          - Four encouraging c-Notes sent: One for you and three friends with random amounts of GP's enclosed
          - Four appropriate merit badges (Improvement or Growth, etc.) One for you and three friends
*Bullet*  A 12-Image Collection, including:
          - Set of 10 "Encouragment Themed" c-Notes with matching header image AND a themed signature for you to advertise your new collection.

Note:  If bidding goes over 80K, I will create the shop completely with images and transfer it to winner.

Starting Bid: 50 K
Current Bid: 150 K by GabriellaR45

A small Globe
#22 ~ Republic of Kiribati          PAID
~ Kiribati, officially the Republic of Kiribati, is an island nation located in the central tropical Pacific Ocean. The permanent population is just over 100,000, and the island nation is composed of 32 atolls and one raised coral islands, dispersed over 3.5 million square kilometers, straddling the equator, and bordering the International Date Line at its easternmost point.
** Image ID #1889274 Unavailable **
The flag of Kiribati consists of a bottom half made up of six alternating blue and white wavy stripes that represent the water. Above the waves is a yellow/gold half sun with 17 rays in the middle of the flag. Above the sun there is a yellow/gold frigate bird flying towards the left side of the flag. The top half of the flag is designed on a red background.
The image of the bird on the flag represents authority, freedom and command of the sea. The sun rising over the red sky represents the equator and the blue and white wavy lines symbolize the Pacific Ocean. The 17 rays of the sun also represent the 16 islands and Banaba (former Ocean Island). The flag's image represents Kiribati's geographical location as the islands spread out over the equator for over 4000 kilometers and cover over two million square kilometers of the Pacific Ocean.
** Image ID #1889265 Unavailable **
For more info about Kiribati, visit http://www.kiribatitourism.gov.ki/  ~

Donated by: Breaker~A Vigilante Ranger~            COMPLETED
The Kiribati Package consists of the Electric Package from "Invalid Item:
*Bullet*  Reviews of three Fiction/Non-Fiction Short stories (Up to 10kbs) & three Poems, plus one extra Review
*Bullet*  12 Raffle tickets
*Bullet*  A "Thank You" cNote
*Bullet*  A "Travel" Merit Badge

Current Bid: 25 K by Prof Moriarty

A small Globe
#23 ~ Florida          PAID
~ The Spanish explorer, Ponce de Leon, is attributed to discovering Florida, which he named La Florida, or Flowery Land--he landed in the spring of 1513 when the land was in full bloom.  Florida culture reflects a number of heritages, including Native American, European American, African American and Hispanic, whose influences can be found in the architecture and cuisine. And let's not forget its great tourism industry with many theme parks and fabulous beaches. ~

Donated by: scorpialex
The Florida Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Two in-depth reviews of poetry (40 lines or less)
*Bullet*  One in-depth review of a short story (2,000 words or less)
*Bullet*  2k in raffle tickets to raffle(s) of bidder's choice
*Bullet*  1k gift certificate to "Leger's Shop"   by Legerdemain
*Bullet*  A 10K awardicon to favorite poem if bidding goes over 20,000 GPs

A small Globe
#24 ~ Chester County, Pennsylvania          PAID
~ In 1643, fur traders paddled up the Brandywine River to the hunting and fishing grounds for the Lenni Lenape and several smaller indian tribes, a population of approximately 12,000. Forty years later, this land was to become Chester County, one of the three original counties founded in Pennsylvania by William Penn in 1682. Chester County is known for its beautiful countryside with its stone barns and rolling grasslands, stream-filled valleys, woodlands, horse farms, and centers for the arts and crafts. Furniture making is a long-held tradition here.

The Revolutionary War was initiated by the 13 original colonies to win independence from British rule In 1775. The Continental Congress of Philadelphia took a bold step in 1776 to formally declare the 13 colonies independent of England. The document that supported this decision, drafted by Thomas Jefferson, is the Declaration of Independence. General George Washington fought the most significant battle of the American Revolution in Chester County in 1777. ~

Donated by: GabriellaR45            COMPLETED
The Chester, County Package Includes:
*Bullet*  A $25.00 Amazon e-card
*Bullet*  A "Community" merit badge will go to the bidder who bids 150,000 + GPs 

Current Bid: 175 K by ~WhoMe???~

A small Globe
#25 ~ Midland, Michigan          PAID
~ Midland is the home of the Dow Chemical Company.  The Dow family has been influential in our community. One of the children, Alden B. Dow studied architecture under Frank Lloyd Wright, and quite a few homes in the area follow those house plans. Our town boasts a Center for the Arts, a Historical Center, Dow Gardens with many paths, fountains, bridges and sculptures, and much more. http://www.dowgardens.org/#. ~

Donated by: Marsha Musselman            COMPLETED
The Midland Package Includes:
*Bullet*  A Travel merit badge, or another merit badge of the winner's choice.
*Bullet*  A 10 K awardicon
*Bullet*  A link in my Port to an item of the winner's choice from their Port.

Current Bid: 20 K by kiyasama

A small Globe
#26 ~ Western New York           PAID
~ Jamestown and the surrounding area is hot-spot for Chicken Wings with many establishments boasting great fare.  Western NY is also home to many Amish and other Plains folk, many of whom sell baked goods from their homes; large doughnuts are a special treat.  Jamestown is the home of the two main stars of I Love Lucy, with the town of Celeron having a town park named after her. ~

Donated by: BIG BAD WOLF is hopping            COMPLETED
The Western New York Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Five reviews

Starting Bid: 3 K
Current Bid: 5 K by Fi

A small Globe
#27 ~ San Francisco          PAID
~ A little San Francisco treat (I couldn't resist the temptation *Blush*) ~
 San Francisco History and Culture   (E)
San Francisco-- rich in history, culture, & tourism. Comments & suggestions appreciated..
#1889606 by ~SilverMoon~

Donated by: ~SilverMoon~
The San Francisco Package Includes:
*Bullet*  Three short story or poem reviews
*Bullet*  5 K in gift points
*Bullet*  A 'Seasonal' merit badge
*Bullet*  One free entry into any Dream Team event.  "Dream Team Guest Room

Current Bid: 20 K by kiyasama

Current pot:  2,377,000 gift points bid or donated to date.

"People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home."
~Dagobert D. Runes

298 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 12 · per page   < >
by Fi  •  11-11-12 @ 2:48 pm
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  11-11-12 @ 9:02 am
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping  •  11-10-12 @ 5:12 pm
by Fi  •  11-09-12 @ 8:03 pm
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  10-01-12 @ 8:58 am
by Brooklyn  •  10-01-12 @ 3:46 am
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-27-12 @ 8:52 am
by Steve adding writing to ntbk.  •  09-27-12 @ 6:57 am
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping  •  09-24-12 @ 9:18 pm
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-24-12 @ 2:44 pm
by dblameck (David)  •  09-24-12 @ 2:03 pm
by Phoenix  •  09-24-12 @ 8:07 am
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-24-12 @ 8:05 am
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-24-12 @ 8:04 am
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-24-12 @ 8:01 am
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-24-12 @ 8:00 am
by Breaker~A Vigilante Ranger~  •  09-23-12 @ 10:18 am
by Phoenix  •  09-22-12 @ 7:45 pm
by Lornda~ House of Martell ~  •  09-22-12 @ 7:03 pm
by BIG BAD WOLF is hopping  •  09-22-12 @ 6:55 pm
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-19-12 @ 8:33 am
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-19-12 @ 8:29 am
by JACE - House Targaryen  •  09-19-12 @ 8:26 am
by Marsha Musselman  •  09-19-12 @ 12:03 am

298 Posts · *Magnify*
Page of 12 · per page   < >
Previous ... -1- 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/item_id/1886470-WDC-Around-the-World--CLOSED