*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1001681
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 15, 2005 at 9:21pm
Re: Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1
by onaya3
In response to Hatfield's post about the Data and the B4 connection (or lack of)...

Data and Lore were the only two activated and 'alive' Soong type Androids of their kind for a while. But remember when Soong was on Omicron Theta he did create a series of positronic androids, however the first three 'died'... (this is coming from my Star Trek Encyclopedia) and I guess that's how B4 came about, he could have been the fourth attempt (aside from Geordie's comments about Soong's lack of sense of humor in naming the droid B4 as in before Data and Lore...)

So this would explain the loop hole in the star trek universe on how B4 came about. But since B4 was a bit slow and not very good, that's why Soong kept trying for Lore and Data, to improve on his work. Then after the Crystaline Entity destroyed the Omicron Theta colony and put Soong's wife Juliana into a coma, he supposedly created his masterpiece, by constructing the android version of Juliana O'Donnell that was so human-like it even had tear ducts and aged!

But I think you are right Hatfield, I wonder too if B4 would really be Data, or just a Data-type now on board. I wonder if they would start calling him Data now? Or just stick to B4?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A conversation between O'Brien and Bashir, ST: DS9, 'Take Me Out to the Holosuite')

B - "What are you eating?"
O - "I'm not eating, I'm chewing."
B - "Chewing what?"
O - "Gum, it's traditional. I had the replicator create me some."
B - "You just... chew it?"
O - "No, they infuse the gum with flavour."
B - "What did you infuse it with?"
O - "Scotch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MESSAGE THREAD
TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 08-27-04 5:33pm
by Qundar: Man Of Constant Sorrow
Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 08-27-04 9:06pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 12-06-04 1:11am
by Hatfield of AotC
Re: Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 12-06-04 7:46pm
by Qundar: Man Of Constant Sorrow
Re: Re: Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 12-10-04 12:53pm
by Amy du Lac Bleu
*Star* Re: Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 01-15-05 9:21pm
by onaya3
Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 08-03-06 4:16pm
by Caren Rose
Re: Re: TREK QUESTIONS VOLUME 1 · 09-19-06 7:37pm
by Maryann - House Martell

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1001681