*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1128788
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #774192
Do you have socially unacceptable writing? Come on in....
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 6, 2005 at 2:36pm
Re: Re: Social Taboo: Cutting
The same people also don't understand anorexia, bulemia, ADHD, depression...

I'm not so sure about that. I have to admit that reading about self injury does test my normal very strong stomach. However, due to personal experience, I have a full understanding of depression and ADHD(/ADD). Not only are they both hereditary and present in my lineage (depression from my mother's side and ADD/ADHD on my father's side), I underwent treatment for both. I quit treatment because the medications interfered with my life more than the conditions themselves.

My point is no matter the condition discussed, it's safest to not compare perceptions of multiple conditions as each one carries with it various distinctions which greatly affect how they are perceived.

The truest statement ever...now a sig.
...you know it's true...

For plugging Acid Tongued
Merit Badge in Writing
[Click For More Info]

For this quote, the winner of  [Link To Item #952440] :  Running on the treadmill and bench pressing can be good enough distractors, exorcisizing demons in a way.
MESSAGE THREAD
Social Taboo: Cutting · 08-29-05 12:09am
by Purple Cow
Re: Social Taboo: Cutting · 08-30-05 4:09pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Social Taboo: Cutting · 09-19-05 1:20am
by Starr* Rathburn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1128788