*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1128954
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #774192
Do you have socially unacceptable writing? Come on in....
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 6, 2005 at 9:09pm
Re: Re: Social Taboo: Cutting
Well thank you all for your kind reveiws. I have decided to cut Byron out of my origional story and give him his own novel since his plot never matched up with the main plot of the novel he was first put in. Wish me luck!

Anyway, some of you asked about Elizabeth and who she was and why she was in there... Well, this was not my first chapter or an introductory chapter, it was just one scene midway through the beginning of the story. Byron's only 17, Elizabeth is his constant companion which only he knows about and she flails, screams, cries, rants and raves whenever she sees Byron cut himself or inflict any harm in front of her. Of course it's far more complicated then that but that does explain why she's mentioned because he's cutting himself after she storms off once again and dissappears for a few days (causing him much greif.) It's a story about the both of them and their interactions and lives.

As for this:

"Its pop culture and catch phrases..." would sound much better (in my opinion) as "The pop culture..." since you already identified that they came from the TV.

I wasn't really refferring to pop culture as a whole, only the pop culture specific to the TV so it still makes sense. As for the other grammar corrections I suppose I shall fix them tomarrow. You all probably guessed I have a thing ageinst commas.. I really should just learn how to use them properally instead of omitting them from everywhere. Ah well. Thanks again.
Purple Cow

PS I am not writing from personal experiance but I was thrilled to have two former cutter's say my peice was on target. Now I have to keep going and get this baby published (I'm going to try by next year at this time, sound good?) :)
MESSAGE THREAD
Social Taboo: Cutting · 08-29-05 12:09am
by Purple Cow
Re: Social Taboo: Cutting · 08-30-05 4:09pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Social Taboo: Cutting · 09-19-05 1:20am
by Starr* Rathburn

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1128954