*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1144548
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #774192
Do you have socially unacceptable writing? Come on in....
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 3, 2005 at 7:46pm
Re: Re: Cutting is taboo?
I come from a small town, nothing negative is so much as uttered here. Cutting is an idea foreign to most of the older generation’s conscience, and the younger generations that know of it typically are cutters themselves or have caught someone they know in the act.

In my story I felt compelled to write it in the viewpoint of a cutter not so much to shock but to provide a window into a secret world within the cutter's life. I'm not a cutter myself so I had to have cutters and excutters check over my work before I felt moderately OK about pursuing it as a publishing opportunity.

As it stands now I have two serious drama manuscripts in the works, one is my cutter's life (and some other short stories since it won't be long enough for an entire book at a measly projected 20,000 words) and another story which goes over various other characters with other secret afflictions; bulimia, pyromania, low self esteem (that one's not over played) issues with control, depression, and some various other things thrown in to show the effects of environment and situation on an individual. In other words I am writing these because I feel I have something pertinent to say to today's society. I know if I succeed in publishing either (hopefully by next Spring/Summer) I will probably divide the small town I live in by writing not so pretty pictures. That's my prediction anyway but I suppose I won't know until it happens...
MESSAGE THREAD
Cutting is taboo? · 10-03-05 2:02pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Cutting is taboo? · 10-03-05 3:42pm
by Elisa the Bunny Stik
*Star* Re: Re: Cutting is taboo? · 10-03-05 7:46pm
by Purple Cow
Re: Re: Cutting is taboo? · 10-05-05 9:37am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Cutting is taboo? · 01-21-06 12:04pm
by frizzbee
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cutting is taboo? · 01-23-06 11:35am
by Purple Cow
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cutting is taboo? · 01-23-06 3:12pm
by frizzbee
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cutting is taboo? · 02-27-06 10:53pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Elisa the Bunny Stik.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1144548