*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1175114
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 28, 2005 at 5:52pm
James Doohan
I copied this from a post that I wrote on this forum back in June of 2002.:

"I met James Doohan (chief engineer, Montgomery Scott) at a Star Trek convention. Perhaps one of you met him also -- he is one of the most accessible cast members at conventions.

Doohan was born in Vancouver, Canada, but studied acting in New York.

He went back to Canada to appear in hundreds of plays, films, TV shows, and radio shows. Finally, he thought he would give Hollywood a try.

In Hollywood, Doohan had roles in shows like Bewitched, Bonanza, Ben Casey, Gunsmoke, Peyton Place, and Hazel.

His fine acting led him to Gene Roddenberry.

Doohan was offered a role on the series "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" at the same time he was offered the role in Star Trek. It's a good thing that he made the smart decision!

For all of you who don't know -- he doesn't really have an accent! :)"

This is a sig that I use often.

This is a member sig for The Group of Talkers

RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.

Movie Talk  [13+]
Actors, actresses, movies, TV -- It's the 'Golden Globe' of Writing.Com! Quill Nominee
by Maryann - House Martell

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
"Fuzzygrams!"   by ♥Pay It Forward♥
Merit Badge in Zodiac Libra
[Click For More Info]

*^*Starstruck*^*Congrats! You have Dared! *^*Shock*^*  And rose to my last minute challenge [Link To Item #power]  Power Raid Challenge for Oct. 2014.*^*Salute*^**^*Smile*^* As Sr Power chick, you deserve a gift so I am happy to celebrate you with this token. *^*Star*^*  Keep shining as the Power *^*Star*^*ship Captain you are. ~ eyestar
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
James Doohan · 11-28-05 5:52pm
by Maryann - House Martell

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1175114