*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1203974
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing · #1013410
Write poetry from prompts just for the fun of it; formal or free verse, you pick.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 14, 2006 at 11:41pm
Edited: January 14, 2006 at 11:58pm
Re: Re: Promt # 10
by decora
Popcorn Joy

Thank-you for your comments and query.

My great grandparents immigrated from Prussia in 1870, to Canada. My grandmother was 5 years old.

They were amoung the first pioneers to cross the Prairies and the Rocky Mountains into B.C. Canada. The trails were so treacherous, oxen were the only animals capable of the terrain through the mountain passes to endure the physical labour of pulling the covered wagons.

The story of their journey had been told to me by my Great Grandmother and Grandma, from my mothers' side of the family tree. Their stories never ceased to amaze me and I am so proud of their struggles, which helped shape Canada.

[History clip on Prussia]
I thought I would include this clip in memory of both my Great Grandparents and Grandparents Struggle. As each have there own set of struggles that are so unique, that formed history.

Prussia was a nation of grandeur, royalty, nobility, and central German governmental rule. A country of mixed nations both richest of the rich and poorest of the poor.

A vast territory of deep political struggle, that allowed surrounding countries to usurp their share of the land as the Prussian Empire became no more.

Physically yes it no longer exists but in the people of Prussia, the nation lives on in deep rooted culture, memories, written script, pictures, and many more traditions that genealogists and proud decendants try to unearth and retain.

After Germany's defeat in World War II, West Prussia and East Prussia were divided by Poland and the Soviet Union.

Decora
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Promt # 10 · 01-14-06 1:55pm
by decora
Re: Promt # 10 · 01-14-06 6:54pm
by Joy
*Star* Re: Re: Promt # 10 · 01-14-06 11:41pm
by decora
Re: Re: Re: Promt # 10 · 01-15-06 12:28am
by Joy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Promt # 10 · 01-15-06 2:44pm
by decora

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Joy.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1203974