SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1268138
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Erotica · #1013159
What's Up With...?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 25, 2006 at 3:14pm
Re: Sort of...
What I really want to know is why are 7 or 8 out of every 10 erotic stories on writing.com these kind of stories. Especially among the choose your own adventure genre.

I believe I more or less addressed the first part of your question in my first post. I think the answer is that Writing.Com is a place where anybody can post writing for free. This is especially useful to macrophiles who don't know how to create web pages and/or draw pictures and/or manipulate photographs. I think macrophiles have found this site by searching on the Internet and getting a story on this site as a result, or through direct word of mouth. I, myself, was referred to this site by a fellow macrophile.

Why are the stories mainly interactives? I think another post touched on that. Since many of the stories don't have real "plots," the interactive format better serves their purpose. Conclusions are usually the hardest part of any story, and with interactive stories, authors can write a disjointed, open-ended series of escapades without concerning themselves with how it's all going to wrap up. With a static item, there needs to be some semblance of organization to the tale, but that's not a problem with interactives.

Logo for Writing.Com Moderators - small.Part of the Cleaners? Feel free to sport this sig!

"The Kraken Revue [13+] by St. Patrickraken
    A quick guide to my portfolio.

"Kraken's Kudos [ASR] by St. Patrickraken
    Acknowledging others for a variety of reasons.

The autumn version
MESSAGE THREAD
Sort of... · 04-23-06 3:28pm
by Angelus Arelius
Re: Sort of... · 04-23-06 4:00pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Sort of... · 04-23-06 7:21pm
by FFtheSnake
*Star* Re: Sort of... · 04-25-06 3:14pm
by St. Patrickraken
Re: Re: Sort of... · 04-25-06 4:39pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Sort of... · 03-29-16 1:11pm
by jetfire2020

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Angelus Arelius.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1268138