*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1286150
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1108132
People add information about the state/country/province they live in.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 20, 2006 at 12:30am
Sorry about that
Alabama's capital is Montgomery, however Birmingham is the largest. Alabama's state history has been tarnished with hate speeches and all sorts of race riots over the years. In Selma, that's where Martin Luther King Jr., with his followers to Montgomery and then to Washington, where he made his famous I have a dream speech. Birmingham used to be the Steel capital of the world, but something happened and Sloss Furnaces was closed. It's nothing more than a haunted house now that opens up every October. In downtown Birmingham, it seems everything is drying up for the exception of the huge businesses (i.e., AT&T, Southtrust). Hoover, which is maybe 15 minutes away is seemingly outgrowing Birmingham. We don't have any points of interest, unless you're into museums of history and art, possibly the 200 something foot high statue of the Vulcan. If you're looking into professional teams, we don't have any. We have about 3 minor league baseball teams, an AFL football team, and that's it. What keeps Alabama going is in the fall, when the colleges play football? The Iron Bowl (Alabama v.s Auburn) is one of the nastiest rivalries in the nation.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Win a contest, join the fun. Make a choice and buy a spot on the raffle.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1105445 by Not Available.

Do you want to be heard check out:

I want to know  (18+)
I want to know some things.
#1095923 by tc_davis
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Sorry about that · 05-20-06 12:30am
by tc_davis
Re: Sorry about that · 05-20-06 10:12am
by Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade
Re: Re: Sorry about that · 05-21-06 2:37am
by tc_davis
Re: Sorry about that · 04-17-13 2:31pm
by Pat ~ Rejoice always!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1286150