*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1300510
by Nada
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1108444
A new contest for bloggers, great prizes!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 6, 2006 at 10:36pm
Edited: June 6, 2006 at 11:00pm
My entry Prompt #1
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#431482 by Not Available.

Unlike some writers, I don't think that I write for myself. I may write for the enjoyment which I receive from the act, but what I write is not usually for me or my benefit.

Blogging - which I consider to be a more personal form of writing - is more for my benefit than the poetry or short stories I find coming from within my creative being. Blogging is probably the closest I get to writing for myself and yet even my blogs can sometimes take the route of a pep-talk or mini-sermon.

I may read and read again the many things I have written, but I always feel as though I am offering something to those whom I hope will happen upon my work and help themselves to a meal of it. I look at each piece I write as something of an appetizer, entrée, side-dish or even a dessert. If it doesn't settle well with a reader, then they may have a sensitivity to the subject matter. Maybe I didn't cook it long enough or maybe it was over-cooked. Just like a meal, there are any number of reasons it may not go down well with a particular partaker. Sometimes it may be my fault. Sometimes they may just be finicky.

Though I write for the potential reader, I also feel that I write for God. I may not do it in a traditional way or in a way that advertises that I am a born-again-believer, but everything that I write comes from my heart (unless it's for a contest and then it may just come from a prompt). When I write from my heart, I am writing from the place where God's Spirit dwells within this body here on this planet. He resides within me and I can not write but that I am writing from a mind affected by His continual presence. Therefore, I usually have trouble writing when I lose my eternal perspective and feel 'un-inspired' for a time. Thankfully, these periods are short-lived. Thankfully, God doesn't allow me to stay un-focused for very long, reminding me of Who He is and who I am in Him. It's a wonderful relationship without which I can not function .

So, I write for God in the sense that to write one must be creative and all creativity (I believe) comes from the Creator, God. I know that there are those who do NOT agree with my beliefs, but because of what I am inspired to write about...I find that they may still be able to benefit from my work. So, I write for God and for others and then, because I want to make a difference in this world, I guess that I do write for myself as well...because you see, if I am doing what I was created to do, then I am enjoying myself...so I am also writing for myself. And just like this moment...I actually can benefit from reading my own piece. Wow, this has been a good blogging day!

A race-horse is bred to run. He runs because it's what he was bred to do. He runs because those who are in control of him make a way for him to be in races. And he runs because it is what he loves to do!

(606 word count)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My entry Prompt #1 · 06-06-06 10:36pm
by C.L. Hanna ~ *Writer For Hire*

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Nada.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1300510