*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1369375
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 15, 2006 at 11:18am
Ode to Spot
This is a trubute to Steve Irwin. Steve taught us that people can live in harmony with nature. I decided to borrow a poem from Data of Star Trek: TNG. This is his "Ode to Spot", in honor of his cat.

Ode to Spot
Felis Catus is your taxonomic nomenclature, an endothermic quadruped carnivorous by nature. Your visual, olfactory and auditory senses contribute to your hunting skills, and natural defenses.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations, a singular development of cat communications that obviates your basic hedonistic predilection for a rhythmic stroking of your fur, to demonstrate affection.
A tail is quite essential for your acrobatic talents, you would not be so agile if you lacked its counterbalance.
And when not being utilized to aide in locomotion, it often serves to illustrate the state of your emotion.
O, Spot, the complex levels of behavior you display connote a fairly well-developed cognitive array.
And though you are not sentient, Spot, and do not comprehend, I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend.

This is a sig that I use often.

This is a member sig for The Group of Talkers

RAOK's logo image.  This is a shared image, so feel free to use its item number.

Check It Out...  [ASR]
Maryann and Katherine highlighting items in our Writing.Com Community
by Maryann - House Martell

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
"Fuzzygrams!"   by ♥Pay It Forward♥
Merit Badge in Message Forums
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on making your  2,500 th   forum post!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Ode to Spot · 09-15-06 11:18am
Re: Ode to Spot · 09-17-06 7:21pm
by Riverd0g
Re: Re: Ode to Spot · 09-19-06 7:26pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1369375