*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1440846
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Action/Adventure · #1106100
This is a forum for one of my campfires, so that the writers can brainstorm together.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 24, 2007 at 1:10am
Edited: January 24, 2007 at 1:24am
*Smile*

Yes, Mordred = Prem *Thumbsup*

The Lover in Disguise is the reborn God, Prem. I pictured Prem as kind of a mix between a mischievious bard (music type) and a mysterious rogue. His favorite thing to do was to disguise himself as a mortal and 'meddle' with human affairs. While the other gods (with the exception of Eirny) stayed back and kept their distance, Prem was always involved in the thick of things.

You see, Prem fully expected to be able to return the same way he showed up, only nobody realized that Metatron knew the secret behind the Angel of Time and had safeguarded his fortress against the gods, figuring that eventually someone (or someones) would try to rescue Dimitrios. He couldn't let Prem escape, not after Prem learned where he was and what he was up to. He set Bayarmaa and Raphael to combing the mines for Dimitrios and battled with Prem himself.

Yes, Prem lost, but he was at a disadvantage from the get-go. Metatron knew his weaknesses and exploited them. Prem couldn't leave the way he'd arrived and when he realized he was trapped, he got Dimitrios as far as he could and set himself to buy the angel time to get free by making Metatron use as much of his energy as possible. Prem dragged it out for a long time and Metatron had to rest afterwards. Meanwhile, Raphael and Bayarmaa got into each other's way and Dimitrios was able to escape.

The gods are connected to their home. They can't truly die, unless their home is also destroyed. Prem has lived and died as a mortal man many, many times since then. What he needed was his flute and once he recovered that, he started to regain his powers. He'll have to learn everything from scratch, but he can remember his past lives, or at least flashes of them, sort of like reincarnation, or at least that's the way I see it. If you have a better idea, go for it, I'd love to get your take on it.

Prem was an artist and a craftsman. He could make pretty much anything. He even made the bells, in one of his past lives. If I had to make an analogy, I'd say Prem is somewhat of a cross between the Greek Gods Aphrodite (love), Apollo (music/poetry), Hephaestus (forge), and Hermes (thieves), and with a little bit of the Norse God Loki thrown in for fun.

Mordred is his own person, never fear, I wouldn't change anything; he's become who he is by what's happened and what he's done in his life.

As far as powers go, he can soothe the birds and the beasts with his music, entrance any heart with a song or a poem or a dance and create fabulous wonders, some magical, and some not. Taken one way, he could be a master manipulator; but seen in a different light, he can also bring out the best in people, a skilled negotiator. Those are all I have written down for Prem's powers and if you'd like something different, just let me know.

Bayarmaa's powers I wrote about previously, so have fun with that, she's all yours!

*Bigsmile*

Blackwillow made this for me!!
MESSAGE THREAD
So... · 01-23-07 11:50pm
by Virgo
*Star* Re: So... · 01-24-07 1:10am
by KC under the midnight sun

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, KC under the midnight sun.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1440846