*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1587114
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1312285
Delight me with your guests, and don't forget a good menu.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 24, 2007 at 8:28pm
Dinner with Nutmeg
by Nutmeg
Guest List

1-Eddie Izzard- I adore him, I think he’s amazingly funny and he could talk about football with penguin. I really hope he shows up wearing a dress and make-up.

2-Margaret Cho- I’m going to have some serious people so I needs some funny people.

3-Ella Fitzgerald – She's amazing and I’m hoping that she’ll play some music after dinner

4-Rupert Everett- Maybe he’ll sing “I say a little prayer” if I ask nice

5-Nelson Mandela- Get a little inspiration over dinner, a little political talk over coffee

6-Bell Hooks- An author, activist and feminist. Champion of critical thinking

7-David Suzuki- Champion of the environment, full of nature facts but more importantly, his family was (in my mind betrayed) during WWII

8-Eowyn- Fictional and a little suicidal but single handedly killed a Ringwraith.

9-Rob Gordon- Fictional, he could lead us in "Top 5" conversations, plus his knowledge of music could be fun.

10-Penguin- Full of random facts or Trivia. That would be good at a party, wouldn’t it? Plus if Rupert won't sing I'm sure I can get Penguin to sing.

11-Betty Page circa 1950- There is something iconic about her, and I’m not so secretly hoping she’ll hit it off with Penguin.

I was thinking of inviting my Great-Grandmother who was born into slavery and the first in her family to learn to read, BUT I’m not sure how she’d take being at a dinner party with a man in woman’s clothes. Plus having her there would make me even nervous about my cooking. So now the menu-

Drinks
-Hemingway’s
-Homemade Sorrel
-Wine

Appetizers (for cocktails & mingling before dinner)
-Salt-Fish Fritters
-Jerk Shrimp
-Spicy Crab Cake
-Cassava Pasties with Chicken “Alcaparrado” filling

Salad
-Shrimp & Green Mango Salad

Dinner
-Coconut Chicken Curry
-Roti or Coconut Rice with pigeon peas
-Bean Salad (trust me, it’s perfect with green curry or by itself if you're a veggie)

Desert
-Grenadian Spice Cake, Rum-Marinated Pineapple
-Warm English Custard (Vanilla of course)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Dinner with Nutmeg · 09-24-07 8:28pm
by Nutmeg

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Literary Penguin.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1587114