Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1619371
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Contest · #1327379
A wee niche devoted to Contests at Writing.com and beyond
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 11, 2007 at 10:08pm
Edited: November 11, 2007 at 10:09pm
Wonderful Looking Ports - cougar1002
Well, I guess you can say this post falls under the 'beyond' part of "Ready, Set, Write!.

November 11, 2007 Sunday

Discovered via the "Invalid Item , I was pleasantly surprised by the beauty and elegance in which Patricia Gilliam 's port was constructed.

Talk about designing with a theme within a theme within a theme. That's how it felt like as I wandered through the folders for items to review.

Besides categorizing each folder by topic (eg contest, sci-fi, etc.), Patricia Gilliam unified her folders with an adorable cougar theme (some of those photos were sooooo lovable). Then to top it all off, as if all that work wasn't organization enough, "Invalid Item turned its description into a secondary folder (which strangely enough fooled me into thinking it was actually the primary folder until I reached the bottom of the page). So far I've noticed three distinct themes in "Invalid Item .

This secondary folder was a map of related items that had been stored throughout different folders within the port. Previously, I've seen such maps saved as statics. However, this map was saved into the "Invalid Item 's folder description.

MESSAGE THREAD
Wonderful Looking Ports - vwyatt · 11-06-07 6:06pm
by the last cicada
*Star* Wonderful Looking Ports - cougar1002 · 11-11-07 10:08pm
by the last cicada

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, the last cicada.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1619371