*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1743705
Rated: E · Message Forum · History · #1439052
You've been transported to Europe, ca 1000 AD. Can you survive, or better yet, thrive?
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 22, 2008 at 6:05am
Well, this is how I would survive...
I was never very good at keeping dates straight, so I can't say exactly where I would prefer to end up except that it be somewhere with relatively little conflict at that time!

Now, as far as what I would do...this is assuming I arrive in one piece! (If you haven't read/seen "Timeline," you should!)

First, I'd have to find appropriate clothing so I can blend in. Hopefully I arrive with something on to begin with, or things could get really interesting! As to where to find the clothing, I'll have to steal it! I don't imagine this should be too much trouble, what with the lack of security systems, it's all about the timing!

Once suitably attired, I would find a local gathering place, market, etc, and watch and learn. Maybe pick a pocket or two, to be able to buy a meal. The information I would seek would be where local female members of nobility reside (as I am a woman), and try to deduce who may be abroad for awhile. Finding that two or three such ladies are away being presented to potential foriegn matches, I select a manor, villa, castle, or whatever it may be, to raid.

Now I have some nicer clothes, and am off to find a noble husband. Doesn't have to be a prince, just something above knight! One doesn't necessarily have to speak the language to make the most of her womanly wiles! And if there isn't a young suitable nobleman readily available, well then I may have to find a widower, who would unfortunately expire from the exertion of the "honeymoon." (Evil wink.) It's a good thing he had someone to leave his estate to!

My days would be spent riding horses, writing poetry, painting, reading and dancing in fields of flowers. The nights, well more dancing, but with beautiful music, and wine! Heck, I'll have my cake too! (Oops, that's a few hundred years later...)

Sounds too easy doesn't it? When you get that time machine finished let me know...

Brought to you by your Source for "Gateway to Isiterra...

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” ~Oscar Wilde

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Well, this is how I would survive... · 06-22-08 6:05am
by Roari ∞
Re: Well, this is how I would survive... · 06-22-08 12:51pm
by Victoria Earle

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Victoria Earle.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1743705