*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1758992
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Sports · #1374885
Post anything sports related. For and by players, fans, & media.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 24, 2008 at 6:25am
Everywhere is Steeler Country
by A Non-Existent User
Everywhere is Steeler Country

That's right, winning or losing, New coach or old coach, Starting or back-up quarterback. (yes, even Kordell Stewert) I don't care if they play in china, there are always a rowdy bunch of fans with tickets in hand ready to follow their Steelers anywhere. This is why they are one of the most successful teams in Pro Football. Even New England, with their near perfect season does not have as loyal a fan base.

Before you say it, in my book, you have to win the Super Bowl to claim the perfect season.

It is the fans that carried a team, with a new coach, into the play-offs last year. They should have had a break even season, at best.. Sure, there are exceptions. The most recent that springs to mind is Chuck Gruden carrying Tampa Bay to a Super Bowl win in his first season there. However, Chuck was a seasoned coach with a ton of experience. That is not the case with Mike Tomlin. (He was not my first choice but has proven to me he is worthy. I thought Ken Whisenhunt was a shoe-in.) Are you ready for a "shock the world" Super Bowl with the Pittsburgh Steelers playing the Dallas Cowboys this (next) year!

As far as the College World Series goes. Why Omaha? I would love to see it played in Kansas City. Why? Omaha is not set up to handle the traffic or the fans. There are people who travel across the country who have to stay as far away as Kansas City anyway. There just aren't enough rooms in the Omaha/Lincoln area to house that many people. Or maybe I'm just biased because I live in Omaha and every June I wind up stuck in a traffic jam on my way home from work because the city can't handle that type of big city congestion.

Has anyone seen a better all around fighter in recent years as newcomer Pavlik? Middleweight division beware! This Youngstown kid is for real.

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1399938 by Not Available.

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Everywhere is Steeler Country · 07-24-08 6:25am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Everywhere is Steeler Country · 07-24-08 9:51am
by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth
Re: Re: Everywhere is Steeler Country · 07-24-08 10:12am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Everywhere is Steeler Country · 07-24-08 7:59pm
by NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1758992