*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1906991
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 10, 2009 at 4:16am
Not Impressed With The "New" Final Frontier

Yes, yes, yes, this is just one person's opinion amongst a world of people who Love the wonder that is the STAR TREK universe but really, this new film, as beautiful and rich as it was in special effects finesse, the story and acting did not inspire me. I thought it was more a caricature of STAR TREK---like watching a spoof that was taking itself seriously---that relied too heavily on we, the fans, knowing all the quirks of the favorite characters. This film was rehashed plot elements from various TREK films and used "alternate reality" to haze over all the inconsistencies that would have otherwise been a production nightmare for the Director but the movie just didn't make me feel like these actors were capable reinventions of the icons I grew up with. The retro/ NOT-retro approach was pretty lame, it was a commercial vehicle with no actual heart that will principally appeal to new fans and more power to you.

Why this? Why no VOYAGER movie? Why no DS:9 movie? We owe the future a better vision than this contrived, heavy-handed "adrenalin rush"... But that is just my unsatisfied opinion.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Not Impressed With The "New" Final Frontier · 05-10-09 4:16am
by Onyx: a PURPLE MANIAC!
Re: Not Impressed With The "New" Final Frontier · 05-11-09 3:20pm
by Maryann

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1906991