SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2109948
Rated: E · Message Forum · Community · #1372393
LET ME KNOW YOU WERE HERE :))
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 12, 2010 at 8:55pm
Story time :)
Once upon a time, a lost writer wandered the streets trying to find her way home, her final destination. Turn after turn, traffic light after traffic light, and endless miles of yellow paint flying beneath her tires, Hidden Writer finally realized she was lost.

Frustrated and upset, she stomped on the brakes, and slammed the car into park. Her hands curled tightly around the wheel and she bopped her head against the curve of the steering wheel a few times in disgust.

"Lost? How can I be lost?" She muttered under her breath. She sighed, sat up and looked around her. To her right was the endless tar path she had followed and to her left was a cute yellow cottage with a white picket fence. She grasped the pile of papers gathering on the passenger seat; within her hands she held the crinkled and apparently useless map quest and road map that were suppose to bring her home.

About to give up she stepped out of the car and headed for the door, hoping that the lack of cars in the drive had nothing to do with whether someone was home or not. She strode right up to the front door and gave it a few raps.

No answer.

Again she knocked.

And again, no answer.

Sighing and throwing her hands up in defeat, she cursed herself knowing she never should have left in the first place. She should have stayed home. She made ready to head to her car when from behind she heard the click of the door knob turning.

Standing before her, exactly as she left her, was her long lost friend Olivia.

"Oh Olivia! I didn't realize this was your house!" Hidden Writer exclaimed excitedly, tears in her eyes.

Olivia smiled, "Oh Hidden, you've been gone so long you forgot what home looked like." Olivia pulled her inside the cottage, exposing her to an endless world of books, authors, and would-be authors.

Hidden Writer smiled, knowing instantly where she was.

"I knew I never should have left home."

Everyone smiled at Hidden, arms open, "Welcome back to Writing.com Hidden!"

"It's so good to be back."

~~~~~~~~~~
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Story time :) · 07-12-10 8:55pm
by Hidden Writer

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Olivia's on Hi-Carb 2313608.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2109948