Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2137491
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1686727
Convince me to read a book and win GPs!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 15, 2010 at 12:34pm
Edited: September 15, 2010 at 12:37pm
Hi there,

I noticed that you said shoving a book under your nose and shouting READ IT worked a little, so hwere are two of them that scream themselves to be read!

Depending on how young you want the child, there are several great ones:

If youre looking for someone below the age of 13 (preteen child) I would suggest Summer of My German Soldier
If youre looking for someone in their early to mid teens (this is my personal all time fave book!) I would suggest The Book of Hard Things (Dot worry it isnt a dirty book!)

If you arnet familiar with either, plese let me give you just a little information on them:

The first is about a young girl who happens to fall for a Geman soldier during the war. She and he family hide him in her bard to save his life. Its a very touching story, a rather easy read, and could be finished in a day if you had the time. Its a page turner!

The second is about a boy named Cuzzy Gage, who is struggling to make it on his own with what little guidance he can get. He befriends a guy named Tray, and when everyone in town finds out, all hell breaks loose for him. This is my favorite book, its got a lot of detail, great emotional drive! Its worth anyones time!

Happy Reading!

~ Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~

~ Albert Einstein ~ {/b} {/center}
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry · 09-15-10 12:34pm
by Chantelle Quigley-Dimeo

<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Em returns to writing.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2137491