*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2268584
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1717439
Social forum to offer support and information to at-risk youth & peers seeking information
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 13, 2011 at 5:17pm
Re: Encouragement from a young adult...
Dreaming Muse,

Thank you so much for the encouragement, honesty, and such beautiful words. You've obviously dwelt so much on your message of hope and success, and upon your past as well, much like myself and surely the majority that pass through this way.

We're so often too eager to become our own worst enemy, and just as with the sometimes-mechanical responses we receive during hard times, it's often the easiest course of action as well, rather than try to play the game or go to war...adolescence is hard enough without the life or death necessity to cope with chronic imbalances or destructive behavior. The brain is literally reconstructing, and I shudder to think as to whether I would've been able to pull myself through my teenage years with even a single ounce of that difficulty added to the weight already on my shoulders.

You most certainly have my respect and appreciation for sharing so much with the Initiative.

I'll be turning 29 later this month, and I just mentioned in an email that it feels as if those years weren't even there, despite the pictures (and the terrible first attempts at poetry *Wink*) to prove they were. I could look back and compare myself to friends that've kept in touch, would no doubt consider myself "behind" as well, but we struggle when me must and thrive whenever we can. I think regardless of where we find ourselves, so long as we can still find ourselves at all, the we're in a position to benefit anyone that has shared or shares our hardships. Due to reasons for which this forum was conceived, it's been a difficult several years to say the least, and again I can't thank Brooke enough for the unbelievable amount of effort that she volunteered, putting this all together and keeping it the relevant, positive force that it remains.

We all have our reasons for supporting it, none any less pertinent or painful, and every post is another victory in my eyes, every new member that discovers this page a welcome face. Thanks, so much, again.

Take care and let us know if there's anything we can do!
~Drew

"Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor
         Welcome to the Reason

"Invalid Item"   [] by A Guest Visitor

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Encouragement from a young adult... · 07-13-11 4:18pm
by A Non-Existent User
*Star* Re: Encouragement from a young adult... · 07-13-11 5:17pm
by A.T.B: It'sWhatWeDo
Re: Re: Encouragement from a young adult... · 07-23-11 3:40am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Brooklyn.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2268584