<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 5, 2011 at 2:52am
Edited: September 5, 2011 at 3:16am
Announcement: New Incentives

*Vine1* *Flowerv* *Vine2*
Sweet Holiday Tours Around Writing.com
*Vine2* *Flowerv* *Vine1*

Oh my. *Rolleyes* I declare, submissions have been lighter than expected. And these brochures don't write themselves. What to do? What to do?

Well, after spending a long sleepless night, tossing and turning pages of dusty old review books, I realized that I've been demanding too much from my valued travelers! This is supposed to be a week of fun and relaxation and we all know how it gets. It's sheer torture to leave any party, and pick out a quiet, sober, lonely spot to scribble out a few rambling thoughts.

So I've talked to my backers and got their approval and blessing to change course *Bigsmile*.

Effective immediately:

We're extending the deadline for travel itineraries. We've extended the soft deadline from 48 hours to 11 days or 264 hours!

Effective retroactively:

This means that every travel itinerary is open for submissions!

New Deadline Schedule:

Itinerary 1 deadline is September 12, 2011. View destinations: "Itinerary 1: September 1 Account Birthdays"  

Itinerary 2 deadline is September 13, 2011. View destinations: "Itinerary 2: Refreshments"  

Itinerary 3 deadline is September 14, 2011. View destinations: "Itinerary 3: Scary Places"  

Itinerary 4 deadline is September 15, 2011. View destinations: "Itinerary 4: Review World"  

Itinerary 5 deadline is September 16, 2011. Coming Soon!

Itinerary 6 deadline is September 17, 2011. Coming Soon!

Itinerary 7 deadline is September 18, 2011. Coming Soon!

The Prizes!

Birthday Merit Badge
Itinerary 1: September 1 Account Birthdays

Entertainment Merit Badge
Itinerary 2: Refreshments

Horror Scary Merit Badge
Itinerary 3: Scary Places

Review Merit Badge
Itinerary 4: Review World

? ? ?
Itinerary 5:

? ? ?
Itinerary 6:

? ? ?
Itinerary 7:

Winners:

Itinerary 1 Round 1: jocelyva won a Birthday MB!

Itinerary 1 Round 2:

Itinerary 2:

Itinerary 3:

Itinerary 4:

Itinerary 5:

Itinerary 6:

Itinerary 7:

*Bigsmile* You may have noticed that we've declared a winner for Itinerary 1. Therefore, Sweet Holiday Tours will award a new Birthday MB for round 2 of Itinerary 1.

New Incentives:

Bonus 1: I'll award the first traveler who enters all 7 travel itineraries a Travel Merit Badge.

Bonus 2: I'll award the last traveler who enters all 7 travel itineraries a Travel Merit Badge.

*Bigsmile* How's that for sweetening the pot?

*Exclaim* The first and last traveler may not be the same contestant.

And now for the rules!

New Rules:

*Giftp* Reviews must be public.

*Giftb* Old reviews are welcome as long as the destination is still available to the public.

*Giftp* Affilliation: We strongly encourage you to affilliate your reviews with other groups as this will serve to improve the quality and scope of our brochure and holiday planning.

*Giftb* Post a link to your review.

eg: {review:######}
          For more help with WritingML, visit *Infov* WritingML   and *Infov* "Invalid Item

*Giftp* Post the travel itinerary.

eg: Sept 1 Account Birthdays Travel Itinerary

*Giftb* Optional. Recommend a favorite destination when you post your review or donation. Post a link to your destination.

eg: {bitem:######}
          For more help with WritingML, visit *Infov* WritingML   and *Infov* "Invalid Item

*Giftp* Each submitted review will be counted as a separate entry. Multiple posts are allowed.

Happy Travels!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Announcement: New Incentives · 09-05-11 2:52am
by the last cicada

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, the last cicada.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2292610