*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2301477
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Sci-fi · #420688
Welcome Trekkers. Have a cup of Klingon Raktajino, and enjoy our friendly Starbase.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Sep 23, 2011 at 4:15am
Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers
Years ago when I worked for a sci-fi mag called Starspawn, I had the great pleasure of meeting Jonathan Frakes, William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy and James Doohan. I was also greatly priviliged to have an interview with Isaac Asimov, one of the giants of science fiction. The Star Trek cast members were all gracious and kind. Since we interviewed Shatner and Nimoy together we were treated to their one-upmanship which kept us in stitches. Dr. Asimov was a very good person to interview. Not only was he knoweldgeable but put us right at home by giving us the interview in shirt tales and slippers. He was a wonderful person and gave us the interview in his home.
Those were some exciting days.
I worked with my fellow interviewer on the magazine writing a piece of fan fiction built around the Star Trek whale rescue scenario. That, and the poem I wrote for the Star Trek contest is the only fan fiction I have done.
In our interview with Shatner and Nimoy they stated that they had read a great deal of fan fiction. Some of it was quite bizzar, some was quite racey, but all of it was inventive and interesting. If you have an idea for a fan fiction piece, don't hesitate, write. There is a good market for well done Star Trek fan fiction, so give it a shot.
MESSAGE THREAD
Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-22-11 4:41pm
by bertiebrite hoping for peace
Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 12:30am
by Uncommonspirit
Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 1:03am
by Finn O'Flaherty
Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 2:48am
by Uncommonspirit
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 7:44am
by Finn O'Flaherty
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 12:42pm
by Uncommonspirit
*Star* Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 4:15am
by bertiebrite hoping for peace
Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 8:36am
by Finn O'Flaherty
Re: Re: Re: Hello Fellow Trekkers · 09-23-11 12:45pm
by Uncommonspirit

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Maryann - House Martell.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2301477