*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2333664
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Emotional · #475096
For anyone to ask me about anything,just type in your question!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 12, 2011 at 5:13am
Edited: December 12, 2011 at 5:19am
Work to Home to Business Rate Race
How do yo deal with backstabbing, gossip, bullying and plagiarism on the job?

Sometimes I just feel like I'm on a little treadmill doing a lot focusing on things that I think are important, but at the end of the year, I don't really see any progress. Other times I feel like a crab in a barrel. I have been stuck in a state job with no growth for 3 years, I am still overcoming the shock of not having a job and finding one that is way below what I had been accustomed to as far as earnings and as far as skills and growth potential. I am a writer and creative type by nature, but this job is mainly mathematical and investigative by nature.

So anyone who I work with has the opportunity to excel over me because I do not have the type of credential such as a CFE that designates you as a seasoned professional. So it's stressful to be overshadowed and talked down to and dismissed over and over again. To offer good suggestions, but in the end those ideas and suggestions are given to someone else to take over and run with. This has happened to me time and time again. I now have to think of looking for work again. That's not all so bad. Just very stressful.

I have a side business, that I am told I cannot talk about at work, so I work after hours. I am sometimes so drained from working my day job that I often don't accomplish\ all my own goals for my business

I could go on. Thanks for the encouragement to talk it out.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Work to Home to Business Rate Race · 12-12-11 5:13am
by Mistexdc

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, RachieBee.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2333664