*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2427539
by Dee
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Educational · #1421315
Let your knowledge spill forth like a fountain or partake in the wisdom of those who do.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 28, 2012 at 11:56am
What's it like to be popular in high school?
by Past Member 'asymmetrical'
I'm trying to write a character who's one of the cool kids at her high school, but who isn't 100% happy about life at the top echelon of the high school social scene. The trouble is, I'm having trouble knowing what it would be realistic for her to be unhappy about. I'm thinking it might be annoying to have all the guys want to get in her pants, or teachers automatically treating her like an airhead, or the time and effort that must go into looking and dressing the part. Or maybe the worst thing would be having to talk to the other popular girls.

I don't know, though, the stereotype in books and movies seems to be that popular girls are a bunch of bitches, but I don't remember the popular girls at my high school being overtly mean. Yeah, they talked about everybody behind their backs, but they wouldn't insult you to your face. (The second echelon wannabes took care of that.)

Was anybody popular enough in high school to know what it's like being a queen bee?
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
What's it like to be popular in high school? · 08-28-12 11:56am
Re: What's it like to be popular in high school? · 08-28-12 2:11pm
by Veritas
Re: What's it like to be popular in high school? · 10-27-12 11:30am
by Cardynal Syn
Re: Re: What's it like to be popular in high school? · 10-27-12 7:10pm

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Dee.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2427539