*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2515428
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Community · #1108132
People add information about the state/country/province they live in.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 17, 2013 at 2:24pm
I'm from Alabama!

I live in the small town of Sylacauga, Alabama. It's pronounced Sillucogga, and it's native American Indian (I don't know which tribe) for Buzzard Roost. Our claim to fame is that we are the world's largest source of white marble. Our other claim to fame is that we are the home to the only person ever hit by a meteorite. This lady (I don't know her name) was sitting in her living room one day in 1954 when a meteorite came crashing through her roof and hit her. She survived the incident with little harm, but it sure made her and her town famous.

We have wonderful weather here. The winters are mild, and the summers are moderately hot. We have an occasional snow once every year or two. There are lots of trees and beautiful scenery. We're at the foothills of the Appalacian Mountains, and it's absolutely the best place to live in the whole wide world. Well, that's how I feel, anyway. *Smile*

Check these out!

"Invalid Item
"Hopes, Dreams & Wishes Auction
*Kiss* *Shamrock* Kiss me at "P.E.N.C.I.L. Anniversary Fundraiser . *Shamrock* *Kiss*
"Invalid Item
"Invalid Item

Join "Invalid Item and give something back to this awesome community. You'll be rewarded generously!

** Image ID #1922302 Unavailable **

I Love WDC! Personal Signature

Heart Flowers for SAJ by Brooke

"Punctuation Inc.
at "Invalid Item

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
I'm from Alabama! · 04-17-13 2:24pm
by Pat ~ Rejoice always!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Moody Blue: Needs an Upgrade.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2515428