*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2595110
Rated: E · Message Forum · Spiritual · #381077
A forum designed for researching others' stories about God/Jesus. Post your testimony.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 11, 2013 at 3:20pm
My experience of God healing my shattered heart.
by A Non-Existent User
Shattered Heart Healed

Abused and afflicted. Broken into a million pieces. Shattered beyond repair. No love left. No life left. Always on the verge of tears. I couldn’t speak for fear I’d cry. I couldn’t cry for fear I’d die. Lifelong pain and agony, left my spirit caged inside of me. Always wondering, always praying, for this bleeding heart to be set free.

It happened the morning after I received prayer. The evening before was unusually peaceful and quiet in our home. The TV wasn’t blaring it’s constant chatter. No buzz of electronics filling the air like a swarm of bees on a hot summer afternoon. All the work of the day was done. We were settled in for a night of restful relaxation.

Until the sound of a ringing phone pierced through the silence like the sound of a sudden shout. It was a new internet friend reaching out to help a stranger in need. I had discovered his YouTube videos about a week before and learned that he had a prayer ministry. We talked through instant message over the previous week, but this night would be different.

He called to ask me how I was doing. He called to ask me more about my life. I told him about the condition of my heart, and I told him how I was living with an everlasting pain. I told him how badly broken my heart was in from a lifetime of abuse. I told him about the pain that I suffered and how it never went away. And I told him how my Spirit was caged up inside, with a light so dim. He was in tears by the time that he asked if he could pray for me.

Up to this point, I was never someone who would give just anyone my phone number, much less talk to a total stranger on the phone. But there was just something about him that made me feel comfortable. So when he asked for my number I gave it to him. He prayed for me for over two hours. During the prayer, I didn’t feel anything. I didn’t expect anything either. I didn’t even have high hopes. And I continued not to feel anything through the rest of the evening. But during the night, as I slept, something happened to me that changed my life completely.

The first thing that I remember about that morning was the overwhelming feeling of peace that flowed over me as I was waking up. It was obvious that something was different. I felt free and alive. There was no ‘grey cloud’ hanging over me. I felt as if I was floating on air. I didn’t realize what was going on, at first. I didn’t know what was happening. I just knew that I woke up with a smile on my face for the first time, in many, many years.

As I sat up and turned to sit at the edge of the bed, I could actually see, in my minds eye, what happened through the night. I sat there mesmerized. In shock and awe. In wonder and amazement. I was totally overwhelmed. I was given a vision of what took place as I slept.

I saw a crushed and devastated heart. It was filled with many rooms. Thousands of millions, I think. Each of those rooms represented a different time that I had been hurt in my life. Each one of those rooms had a prison door on them. And each one of those rooms held a mini me. The me that was hurt at each one of those times. The me, that was stuck there, frozen in time, suffering still, from the abuse that I received throughout my life.

But that morning, as I sat at the edge of my bed watching this vision, I saw the hand of my Creator, reach inside of my bruised and broken heart, and gather up all of these little mini me's, and take them home to Him. I sat and watched every single door to every single room BURST OPEN, and the light of my Fathers love shining out of every one of them.

I was dazed and amazed. The warmth of my Heavenly Father radiating around me. It was almost surreal. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. What I was experiencing. I literally was set totally and completely free, at that very moment. I sat, crying, overwhelmed with gratitude, joy, peace, and a much stronger relationship with my Creator Father. He granted me permission to watch Him heal my heart as those little me's were carried away. I thanked Him and praised Him as torrents of tears streamed down my face. I have not had that horrendous pain in my heart since that moment. I have not been on the verge of tears, or unable to feel anything else but pain, since that time. The pain of my past was finally gone. My Spirit was set free. My shattered heart was healed.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My experience of God healing my shattered heart. · 11-11-13 3:20pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Romantic Idealist.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2595110