*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2759787
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 11, 2014 at 4:45pm
Re: Need help writing a book.
I can understand where you are coming from, it can be tricky to write a story, especially when you keeping coming up with constant ideas all the time.

I have had the issue with my series. For years, I have struggled to get the story written until something clicked, and I found a storyline that worked and kept me interested.

Here's the thing, I would advise. First off, while an outline might help, it gets harder due to the fact that you're still likely to go off the outline, making it pointless.

Can I ask you some questions, do you have a plot in your mind? characters? settings? Why are you getting bored with your story? Is it because your plot or characters aren't working? Does every scene that you write have a point? Why is your story confusing?

How long are your chapters? I discovered that writing shorter chapters allowed me to keep my intrest with a story, because it keeps me hooked to write about what happens next. If a character faces something that might kill them or an important bit of info that moves the storyline but that is dangled and saved for the next chapter, it keeps my interest going. Another thing I like to do, is have several plotlines going at once, all of them connected to a central plot. With that method, I can work on another storyline if I get bored or have issues keeping a story going.

I really want to help. I am more then willing to share some of the stuff that I have written, and see if it can help you out. One thing to keep in mind is that I always thought my writing was confusing and hard to follow, but when I post it onto Writing.com, I got help from the other members and to my surprise, other members don't have that problem.

You can turn off the item number ratings and get feedback alone. Have you considered posting some of your work to WDC and seeing if you could get some help?

My Merit Badges!
Merit Badge in Judging
[Click For More Info]

Guest Judge August 2012. 30-Day Blogging Challenge. Merit Badge in Judging
[Click For More Info]

Thanks for helping judge  [Link To Item #842653] ! Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 86   Public Reviewer  for the month of  June 2004 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] . Merit Badge in Appreciation
[Click For More Info]

Given through  [Link To Item #709323] , as he was nominated by  [Link To User sesamestreet] , who said: "He is a wonderful asset to the Writing.Com community, keeping us all updated with  [Link To Item #808422]  and also being very supportive and kind."
Thank you for your dedication and support!!! Merit Badge in Community
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for all you do to help promote newbies and the newly promoted in,  [Link To Item #666552] ,  [Link To Item #822284] , and  [Link To Item #808422] . Also, thank you for honoring Moderators by creating  [Link To Item #846318] . Your portfolio is full of items that help others and bring many smiles. You are truly appreciated.
Lexi*^*Heart*^* 

Merit Badge in Attention to Detail
[Click For More Info]

Good job, Aaron!  You're doing great!  
Love, Cubby ") Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

This Merit Badge is given for the outstanding review of  [Link To Item #811789] .

Check out these awesome items!

New to Writing.com? Check this item out!

Newbie Link Hub!  (E)
New to Writing.com? Have no idea where to go? Then come on in!
#1939173 by Supersonic-In the year 2300!

After losing her husband, can a chance meeting help a young widow overcome her grief?

Memories  (18+)
After losing her husband, a young widow has a chance meeting in a cemetery.
#1881613 by Supersonic-In the year 2300!

Can the gift of life help bring love to two troubled teenagers?

STATIC
Lonely Hearts  (13+)
The story of how a gift can bring true love...
#601443 by Supersonic-In the year 2300!

Five acts of Fantasy Action and Adventure! The first story in a series!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1143285 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
· 12-31-69 7:00pm
by A Guest Visitor
*Star* Re: Need help writing a book. · 11-11-14 4:45pm
by Supersonic-In the year 2300!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2759787