*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2771807
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(167)
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Other · #101179
All invited, Speak your mind, got a New Story?, Opinion?, Need help?, Like a story?.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 17, 2014 at 2:36am
Re: Re: Re: Need help writing a book.
I feel you have a good start here. For me the way I tend to write is in bits and pieces at first and it tends to be like a puzzle. When I have written long pieces I write what I call bits and pieces, I find it very difficult to start writing at chapter 1 and follow through to the end. This might seem a confusing method except it works very well for me and feel free to try it. When I have lots of bits and pieces then I print the pages off and then put them in order and then I take a coloured pen and go through crossing things out, making notes, adding things, and making arrows where paragraphs move in the order they have been originally typed in; there have been times where I have written the ending of a novel as the first bit I write and in another case I have written the very beginning last. Another thing that I suggest is since you have mentioned you are creating your own world there is this course that I took in September of this year which has been extremely helpful in getting me ready for a new project I hadn't put to paper yet. There is supposed to be another course being offered next year maybe in the summer. Here is the link and if it is something you are interested in then I suggest you contact ENB either through an email are in the forum on the link below. The thing that I got out of the course which I found beneficial is the info I learned about making a map for my world, making a timeline, and creating a race of people in the world, and once I did the assignments and looked at my idea I could see my novel in such a more detailed way. It is like the ideas I had were pieces of thread and after the course I was able to put them together to create more effectively. Also, congrats on writing a book at your age and what I read from the excerpt you left here in the threead you have good ideas and an excellent writing style. I hope this helps and good luck.

Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1983532 by Not Available.
MESSAGE THREAD
· 12-31-69 7:00pm
by A Guest Visitor
Re: Need help writing a book. · 11-11-14 4:45pm
by Supersonic-In the year 2300!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The Milkman.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2771807