*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2815872
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Other · #1856633
A place to get together and chat about mental illness or about whatever is on your mind.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 21, 2015 at 3:13pm
Re: Re: How did you find out your mental ilness?
*Dollar* 100 GPs were sent to Laura Leary with this post.
My husband and I were having some trouble with our 18 year old son he was diagnosed with Aspergers . I was taking care of my brother Danny he is mentally retarded. I was trying to juggle my time between my job as caregiver for Danny and spending time with my son. It was both of them that had to go our son was moved into assisted living in a nearby city only and hours drive. I took my brother Danny to my mom's letting her know I couldn't care for him anymore. I spent an hour or so out in the fields walking and crying my heart out. After all of this I wasn't any better so I went and saw my primary doctor whom I had know for many years. He told me he couldn't help me but there was some people who could. He asked me if I was going to hurt myself and I told him NO my religion considers it a SIN. He made an appointment for me for the next day I went my husband came along for moral support. I first saw I a therapist went through a barrage of questions and tests then saw the psychiatrist. I was then diagnosed with Bipolar 1 I saw a woman there for 13 years she retired I was broken hearted after that several more I finally found one that speaks the same language as me. Life now is manageable I still have my bad days and good days the only thing that keeps me sane is my writing here at WDC. writingmom
MESSAGE THREAD
How did you find out your mental ilness? · 03-07-15 5:58am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: How did you find out your mental ilness? · 03-29-15 8:23am
by Laura Leary
*Star* Re: Re: How did you find out your mental ilness? · 04-21-15 3:13pm
by innerlight
Re: Re: Re: How did you find out your mental ilness? · 04-21-15 4:27pm
by Laura Leary
Re: Re: Re: Re: How did you find out your mental ilness? · 04-21-15 5:20pm
by innerlight
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How did you find out your mental ilness? · 08-24-15 6:22pm
by Joto-Kai

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Itchy Water~fictionandverse.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2815872