*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2853098
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Fanfiction · #1710273
A Forum for authors and members who love Jane Austen.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 25, 2015 at 9:18am
Edited: July 26, 2015 at 9:57am
The Watsons and Sandition
The Watsons was an enjoyable read and clearly showed the class distinctions of the time that many of us are not familiar with in our present day. In this incidence Emma was given the opportunity to attend the ball, however she was not swept away with all the magic and saw the characters for what they truly were. Emma was more influenced by the aunt that raised her then her sibling that stayed home to care for the disabled father. I like Emma's out look about poverty is not ideal but what one does with it makes the difference. She preferred it to than being forced into a love less marriage. She didn't accept Lord Osborne's offer of marriage even though it could have helped her family, she followed her heart, my kind of girl.

Now, as for Sandition I was disappointed. I understand it was her last work before she passed but her brother shouldn't have published it as a finished work. It does not flow smoothly like her previous work, its like an onslaught of characters trying to all say something in a room. None of the characters really have depth to me that attract me to want to finish the story. I did finish but was it was not enjoyable.
Makes me wonder if he published it to capitalize on his sisters name to make money after her death. Sad!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
The Watsons and Sandition · 07-25-15 9:18am
by Lyn's a sly fox
Re: The Watsons and Sandition · 07-25-15 11:05pm
by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox
Re: The Watsons and Sandition · 07-26-15 7:03pm
by Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2853098