Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2987638
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #915569
For posting outside URLs.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 5, 2016 at 3:10pm
Edited: October 2, 2016 at 7:11pm
Email Tracking
Most email providers have a way to see if a email has been read. They might call it Delivery Receipt, Receipt Request, Confirm, just to mean a few. If you have gotten a email with a popup mentioning something like this then the user wanted to know if you read it.

However some in the professional writing business has informed me that was unprofessional. Their reasons for this is unknown. I didn't ask. I wasn't about make a issue of it.

However I WANT to know if my email submission was at least looked at. And so I am sharing here two services I have used. One is whoreadme.com   and the other is ifread.com  . Out of the two I use Who Read Me the most. Only fault I have had with it is it tells you where the email was opened at based of the users ISP. So example, the ISP i am using right now is in Hood River Oregon, I am in The Dalles Oregon. If I open a email that has it enabled, it would say I was in Hood River. Not a big deal for most people but if submissions to a publisher needed location info, it would be something to keep in mind.

It has been more than a year since I used IfRead. I just didn't like the interface but recall no issues with it.

I wanted to share these two websites with everyone in case anyone needs them.

Lastly I have only used these services on my Gmail account. No idea how it works on others.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Email Tracking · 07-05-16 3:10pm
by Amyaurora

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Amyaurora.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/2987638