*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3011506
Important!
*Trash* This item is in your Recycling Bin

Purging this item will permanently remove it from Writing.Com.

Change your mind?  Undelete this item.
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Community · #2093590
Bullied survivors, let's unite to stand strong with young victims of today's bullying!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 29, 2016 at 10:16am
My experience with a bully
*Dollar* 2,000 GPs were sent to Word Warrior beating cancer!! with this post.

Writing.Com Signature Image for Upgraded Registered Authors! The bully was my junior High school Home Economics "teacher." This happened decades ago, but I have never forgotten the sting of that so-called educator's words. I came from a home where my wonderful mom was not a "sewing, baking" homemaker, which was unusual during that era (early 1960's).More importantly, I was raised in a home where kindness and consideration for others was preached over dinner! This teacher took a dislike to a shy, bespectacled girl and for two years humiliated me for my cooking and sewing shortcomings in front of the entire class. I Was blessed to have a wonderful bunch of supportive fellow students. My normally quiet mother threatened to come to class with me and do some bodily harm to "Miss Mean," but I tried the "I will not let her see how badly she's hurting me" tact. There are still sadistic educators in our school systems, but far more are outstanding mentors to their students.

Frankly, i hope that woman had a long, uncomfortable life full of people who criticized her! As for me, I followed Mom's advice, "The best revenge is living well."
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My experience with a bully · 08-29-16 10:16am
by Dawsongirl

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Word Warrior beating cancer!!.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3011506