*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3061477
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Spiritual · #2056722
The place to discuss our dreams and interpret them or to just hang around and talk.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jan 22, 2017 at 11:48am
Emotionally Draining Nightmare
A little background first, I was raised in Southern Mississippi most of my life. My best friend and I have been friends for almost 20 years. I love her family very much and consider them as my own. The other day, a tornado ripped through Hattiesburg, where my best friend's little sister has an apartment. It was a nerve wracking time waiting to hear that she was okay. So I half feel that is part of the reason for my nightmare last night.

My Dream:

I was in a giant building of many different businesses, one of them being a restaurant my father owned and was working in. Another was a studio in which Keith (he is my husband in real life; but in my dream he left me for a woman whose name I believe was Brittany) worked as a comic illustrator. I was severely ill (it seems it was either the flu or pneumonia), but our son Xavier, who was probably about 3 or 4, wanted to go to the street fair that was right in front of the building. (Mind you, we don't actually have any children- and Xavier looked like our 4 year old nephew Chris) After the fair was over, I decided to go into the building to find my dad. Xavier wanted to see his Pop Pop (which Chris actually calls my dad IRL), and I was going to ask my dad to watch him after work so that I could see a doctor. We had to go through like a tiny annex type building to get to my dad's work. Before we could get through it (it kind of resembled the hallway that you go down to board an airplane) three of four tornadoes ripped through the building. It didn't rip it apart though, it kind of like- folded it like paper. I held my son close to me, fearing that we would be crushed. After it was all over, people were gathering in like a room- almost like a community hall area. And one guy whose name was Eric, sacrificed himself to get all of us out of the annex. I don't know how I actually knew to go to the room where everyone was, but I did. I ran into Juan (who IRL was one of my managers, and is a friend). He hugged me tightly, and I cried about not being able to find my dad. (My dad btw is the only parent I have left. My mom died about 7 years ago at 48. So one of my biggest fears is losing him) Juan told me to stop crying, that my dad was right behind him.

(Another bit of background: when Hurricane Katrina hit, 3 days before I had just hit 17. When she came into the Gulf Coast and through Mississippi, she took everything we had with her. I was completed separated from my entire family because I had stayed with my best friend for the weekend. We ended up evacuating to somewhere completely different. My aunt and my mom drove every day to where they knew I would be to find me. Finally one day, I was sitting in my friend's mom's van, and I saw my aunt's big ugly blue van. My friend said it was unlikely that it was really my aunt, but I knew it. My aunt stopped her van and my mom jumped out. I jumped out of the van I was in. My mom ran around one side, I ran around the other. But when we finally got to each other, we embraced harder than every before in my life. She didn't want to let go of me, and I didn't want to let go of her. The whole gas station where we stood broke out in a huge wave of applause and tears.)

I gave you that background information because that was the same kind of hug I was giving my dad at this point when I realized he really was behind my friend. He lectured me about having gone out when I was sick, but cried a sigh of relief that I was alive as was my son. I then expressed to my dad that I needed to find Keith and Brittany. She too worked in to another part of this building and was pregnant. My dad couldn't believe I wanted to find them because my husband had abandoned me while pregnant to be with Brittany. But I told him that I wasn't angry any longer. I knew I had failed as a wife and had pushed him to leave me. I also told my dad that he was the father of my son, and he still very much was the love of my life. I had to know they were okay. I left Xavier with my dad before running out of the building. I found Keith sitting on the ground, sobbing. Brittany had been on one of the upper levels and he couldn't get to her. I knew I had to find her. I crashed through one of the windows with Keith yelling behind me to not risk my life. After some searching, I finally found her pinned between a metal counter and a wall. She was alive, but in immense pain. I searched around us before finding an axe, cutting the circulation off the best I could and chopping off her leg (it took a few swings). I then found a metal ladle and cauterized the wound. I got her out of the building and just as Keith was about to speak, I was woken up.

Sorry if there seems to be a lot of information here. I kind of do that sometimes.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Emotionally Draining Nightmare · 01-22-17 11:48am
by Sammie Ham
Re: Emotionally Draining Nightmare · 01-22-17 12:34pm
by S Ferguson~ Prepping for Prep
Re: Re: Emotionally Draining Nightmare · 01-22-17 12:49pm
by Sammie Ham

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, S Ferguson~ Prepping for Prep.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3061477