*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3072404
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #1906302
Write and review once a week for the three coldest months of the year.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 28, 2017 at 12:22am
Edited: February 28, 2017 at 1:04am
Week #13 Entry...
Here is the poem I have created.

STATIC
See You in the Morning, Mom!  (E)
The loss of my loving mother to her body's death is both painful and reassuring.
#2113634 by Jay O'Toole

Here is the contest I have entered.

FORUM
Poetic Traditions Poetry Contest   (E)
A Contest for Metrical Rhyming Poetry.
#2055137 by Brenpoet

I have reviewed Review of "Mumsy Dearest "

This is my most recent signature, given to me by Jade Amber Jewel - Valentine's Day, 2017.

Signature for Jay O'Toole in the Rising Stars Program...

Thank you for your patience, Octobersun! All things being equal I would have finished this challenge last Thursday. However, things were most definitely...NOT EQUAL. I had to rush to my Mom's side on Wednesday evening, arriving at 12:30 AM, after seven and a half hours of driving. Mom had pneumonia, but she was still alive. I was very grateful. She lasted for me about 26 hours and went to be with The Lord at 2:40 AM on Friday morning. (If Mom had lived until August 12th of this year, she would have been 90 years old.)

I returned home late Friday evening. We had myriad things to do on Saturday, having to turn around to head about three and a half hours in the other direction on Sunday to Mom's childhood hometown, where we arrived in time for supper. After making final plans for the funeral and the graveside service, we got some sleep, had the funeral/graveside service at 11:00AM/12:00PM, ate lunch, wrapped up and returned home.

Since returning home I have been focused on getting WDC caught up-to-date.

WOW! I didn't expect February, 2017 to be so exciting! I'm glad I could get this done under the wire! So sorry to hear you won't be doing this in the future, but I can only imagine how taxing and pains-taking this challenge has been for you, the organizer. It has been FUN, and it has been helpful!

Much success on your future endeavors! *Cool*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Week #13 Entry... · 02-28-17 12:22am
by Jay O'Toole

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3072404