*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3079589
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 25, 2017 at 9:26pm
Re: I can't figure out how to post my book
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
*Dollar* 100 GPs were sent to new to this with this post.
Well, to start with, you would use a Book item or a set of Static items rather than a Group item. Secondly, when you use a Book item, you do not put the entire content of the book into the edit page for the Book item.

At this point, I'd suggest deleting both items in your port and starting over fresh. (I assume you have current copies of your work on your own computer.) The Delete Item option is in the Item Tools menu (click the gear icon at the upper right of the item). Be sure to confirm the deletion. If you're not ready to delete them for some reason, at least set the items to private access in the edit pages and save the edits.

*Tackb* If you want to use a set of Static Items, follow the directions here for each chapter: Create/Edit a Static Item from Writing.Com 101 

*Tackb* If you want to use a Book item, then first you have to create the equivalent of the cover of the book. This part is called the Book item, and the directions are here: Create/Edit a Book from Writing.Com 101 .

Next you add the pages (the content) of the book. This part is called the entries of the Book item. Entries can be the chapters or sections, or whatever subdivisions your book needs, one entry per subdivision. The directions for this are in Book Entries from Writing.Com 101 .

When you have the content of the book saved in the entries, then you check the organization and presentation of the table of contents. If the defaults don't fit your book (they won't), you can adjust how it is organized (aka manage the Book item) with the information in Manage a Book from Writing.Com 101 .

If you have specific questions beyond that, please post back with them.

Hope that helps.

*Snow2* *Snow2* *Snow2* Northernwrites___*Pencil*

~~Image #6000 Sharing Restricted~~ ~~Image #603504 Sharing Restricted~~
MESSAGE THREAD
I can't figure out how to post my book · 03-25-17 6:51pm
by new to this
*Star* Re: I can't figure out how to post my book · 03-25-17 9:26pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3079589