*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3081513
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #2070222
A contest using famous quotes from classic movies as a prompt.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 1, 2017 at 4:49pm
Re: Tomorrow In The Absence Of Time
Thank you for participating in the What's Your Line Contest! Because you referenced my contest in your entry, I am here to review your entry as promised. My review is intended to be helpful and encouraging. Please accept it in the spirit it is given.*Smile*

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

Prompt:"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."
Groundhog Day (1993)
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
Fight Club (1999)

First impression: I thought that this piece was a little sad. Not for the mother figure but for those around her. She lives in the moment and truthfully tomorrow never comes. For the rest of us, we always live for tomorrow...or the next moment; which hardly allows us to live for today. Which is really sad. I really liked the fact that the this story is written from the point of view of someone who even though they were on the receiving end of what happens when time is of no consequence but also can see how letting go of the constraints of time can be liberating.

Does this story reference the prompt?: Yes

Suggestions: None

Final thoughts: In this day and age, it is hard to not live by a time schedule. We are programmed to think and plan for tomorrow. This story gives us a little glimpse into the life of someone who truly believes that there is no tomorrow. There is a good side to thinking that way...and a not so good side. I feel that this piece gives a taste of both sides.

This concludes my review. Thank you for participating in my contest and for allowing me the pleasure of reading and reviewing your work. I wish you continued success with your writing and in life. Good luck with the contest! Write on, read on, rate on!~ Taryn

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

Invalid Item  []

by A Guest Visitor

** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
MESSAGE THREAD
Tomorrow In The Absence Of Time · 03-29-17 11:39pm
by Space Cat Sophie
*Star* Re: Tomorrow In The Absence Of Time · 04-01-17 4:49pm
by TarynSloane ~ Writing

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, TarynSloane ~ Writing.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3081513