*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3086525
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Community · #1403831
For newbies seeking mentors and writers needing support via their peers; stop by today!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 23, 2017 at 4:55pm
Looking for Mentor/Partner
by A Non-Existent User
Hello :)

I'm looking for a mentor or partner to help me and who I can, if they want, help in return. I'm currently working on a novel and it'd be nice to be able to share with someone and hear their opinions and see what they make of my characters and what's going on and point out what doesn't make sense or what they find unrealistic, etc. Someone honest and free with their constructive criticism but also encouraging. I find I'm more likely to get down to properly writing if I know someone else is expecting it of me.

In return, I'd be more than happy to read any of your work. I'm pretty good at spelling and grammar (not perfect though!). I probably wouldn't be too helpful for poetry, 'cause I tend to think it's all brilliant and clever and that's not really helpful. I'm also a big fan of being kind to one another and encouraging and if we can become friends through helping one another, that would be great :D

PS: I could also do with the help of someone knowledgeable about USA culture. My novel is set in LA, told from the POVs of three American girls and I'm from the UK so while I do my best, I'm positive I slip up here and there! So if there's someone out there who'd be happy just to skim over my work and say 'we don't say that' or 'we don't do that over here', please let me know! And if you're happy to do that AND want to be my mentor/partner, than that's brilliant, but the two don't have to be the same person. If you're willing to mentor/partner and you're from anywhere else, I'd be thrilled to have you on board :D
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Looking for Mentor/Partner · 04-23-17 4:55pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Looking for Mentor/Partner · 04-25-17 9:50am
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: Looking for Mentor/Partner · 04-25-17 3:04pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Looking for Mentor/Partner · 04-25-17 3:27pm
by Charlie ~
Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for Mentor/Partner · 04-25-17 3:34pm
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, iKïyå§ama-House Targaryen.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3086525