*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3094524
Rated: E · Message Forum · Contest · #2094947
Supporting all things Punk on WDC; create the Steampunk Detectives: Clangour & Hiss.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
May 26, 2017 at 5:23pm
An idea. Let me know if I need to submit it another way.
What do they look like?

They are automatons. Clangor is tall and thin with parts that occasionally slap together. Made mostly of brass. Hiss is a short squat iron machine with a boiler that makes him look like he has a pot belly, obviously he hisses just a tad.

What is their history is?

Two of a handful of self aware automatons that were created by the mad scientist Tesla (just a place holder name). After he was killed in an unsuccessful attempt to take over northern California to claim all the gold for himself they begin work as detective to try and track down their sentient brethren. In the meantime they need money and work solving mysteries created by unregulated steampunk technologies and crazed inventors who fled to the wild west.

What are their connections to all things steampunk?

They are literally steampunk robots.

Is there story set in alternate history Victorian England or Americana Wild West?

Wild West, You could get a lot more crazy unregulated experiments in the wild west for them to investigate.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
An idea. Let me know if I need to submit it another way. · 05-26-17 5:23pm
by mikema63
Re: An idea. Let me know if I need to submit it another way. · 06-06-17 10:09pm
by Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Thundersbeard 30DBC JULY HOST.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3094524