Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Aug 23, 2017 at 11:48am
My Entry: Good night
by Larcie
Good Night
WC: 263

She rubs my head, and hums for me. I can still feel the distraught from moments before. The cold air shifts into the bedroom, and swiftly, a blanket tightens around my body. Another nightmare has woken me, but she holds me in her lap, tightly in her arms, as she rocks me gently. The tears that streaked my face moments ago have dried, but I can still feel her cold fingers wiping my eyes as she continues to hum my lullaby. She’s worried. I can see the little lines in her forehead, and by her eyes.

‘Mama, don’t worry. I’m okay now’, I thought to myself.

I’m too young for the words to form the way I want them to, so instead, I tug on her soft hazel hair and gaze into her worried eyes. A cooing sound escapes my lips, and a smile forms on hers.

I’m really okay now.

I can feel the sleep calling for me again. I don’t want to sleep. I’m not afraid because I know mama will protect me, but I don’t want to leave her. I blink over and over, trying to fight away the feeling, but her humming makes this difficult. I can feel her chest. The vibrations are soothing, and without thinking, I snuggle against her bosom. I struggle, reaching for her hair again, fighting against the night, but my hands never reach.

“…angel mine, hush your thoughts, sleep my dear, I’ll be here…” Ah, she started singing. But I’m far away now, mama. I can barely hear you “…good night, angel”.

Good night, mama.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
My Entry: Good night · 08-23-17 11:48am
by Larcie

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3122105