*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3138792
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #102362
Drop your new ideas into the Writing.Com Suggestion Box!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 13, 2017 at 8:51pm
*Thought2*A Trinket Suggestion...
by ruwth
Two things:

Trinket Keys: When a trinket key is displayed, there is no way to know where or how to collect that trinket. If anyone other than The StoryMaster tries to view: "An Item With A Trinket As A Passkey..., they will see a trinket but will not even be able to click on it. I think it would be better to be able to see what I see when I click on this trinket here:

StoryMaster's Trinket Treasure Chest  

Or what is seen here by folks who do not have this trinket:

Or what folks see when they click on a trinket someone else has in their collection. They see it can not be collected there but they are able to see the public part of the trinket and who made it.

Suggestion Two: I just posted this trinket in my new item:

Because I have this trinket in my collection, I can see the whole trinket but what I can't see is that it can't be collected where I have posted it.

I did get someone to check on it and see if it could be collected there. Then I was able to direct my readers to the item. That would not always be the case but I would like to at least know if the trinket can be collected everywhere or if it is restricted.

I am pretty sure the You Rock trinket above is Group Only but since I have already collected it, I am not able to see that.

I have started addressing this with trinkets I create like this:

Anyways, that about covers the two suggestions:

#1. Let Key Trinkets open to the public part when clicked on.
#2. Show in collected trinkets the limitations that display before they have been collected.

Just an idea...
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
*Thought2*A Trinket Suggestion... · 10-13-17 8:51pm
by ruwth
Re: A Trinket Suggestion... · 10-15-17 4:05pm
by ruwth

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3138792