*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3140722
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:21pm
Re: Typing issues developing Dragon Naturaly Speaking, Op...
Hi, I'm a little late to the party, but I use Dragon due to frequent limited function in my hands and arms. I started using it at work, now I also use it home. I've used it about a year.

I 100% recommend it. It does take a while to train it to it's full potential, and in the beginning, I did do some manual overwriting to correct it's mistakes, simply because it was faster (it learns from that, as well). Once you've got the commands down (I set aside practice blocks to do nothing but just write & then edit random paragraphs/poetry I would read from books), it really does learn how you work and speak.

When you first use it, you might think it's not very intuitive, but I assure you it's worth the time to put in. I was worried I would always have to keep the same way of speaking - sort of monotonous. I read from different books so that I could get a handle how it responded to different tones and tempos - I don't speak poetry the way I speak paragraph - but it had no problems adapting, as long as you ensure you speak clearly (which as a fun side effect has improved my speech patterns overall) and understand it's structure of commands.

It'll still do some wonky, weird mistake on occasion. You get used to it. I now make more mistakes typing than using Dragon.

I hope that helps.
MESSAGE THREAD
Typing issues developing Dragon Naturaly Speaking, Opinions? · 10-20-17 4:28pm
by Rich
Re: Typing issues developing Dragon Naturaly Speaking, Op... · 10-21-17 5:56am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Typing issues developing Dragon Naturaly Speaking... · 10-21-17 6:17pm
by Rich
*Star* Re: Typing issues developing Dragon Naturaly Speaking, Op... · 10-24-17 3:21pm
by Jaeyne of the Free Fab Five

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3140722