Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1786069
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 31, 2017 at 11:23pm
Edited: November 27, 2017 at 11:59am
November's not cool Update.
Hey guys. Haven't forgotten about you.

Let's rip the bandaid straight off and get the bad news out of the way...I'm putting this on hiatus until 2018. I'll get the previous rounds judged and awarded, as well as the Mini-Challenges (again, huge thanks to Kit of House Lannister , Dragon is hiding , and Lyn's a sly fox *Bigsmile* *Heart*). November was gonna be a busy, stressful month as it is with going back to my mom's for a week with Thanksgiving and the first anniversary of my brother's passing...but I'm moving on top of it. I've been diligent with the moving part at least, considering up to now (and this weekend, when my mom comes down for a day) I've gotten more than half of my crap over to the new place myself. But I know I'm not gonna have the energy to do a lot more, even when I'm eventually settled. The best course of action to take right now is to not kid myself into thinking I can tough this out and show up for a prompt and at the end of the month throw around some prizes...we all deserve better than that.

Wasn't an easy decision, and I've gone deep into both yards on either side of the fence the past couple days...but sparing more details, it's the right one.

I'll still be around here and there, but I'm looking forward to bigger and better things in 2018 that I can work on without the added stress. Nov/Dec are gonna suck in some weird and awful and hopefully fun (yeah, I said fun *Smirk*) ways, but that all deserves more attention that what I've been accustomed to in the last few years...years that many of us have been fortunate to have not only in this contest, but around WDC as well. Can't thank you all enough...don't know where I'd be without the love, support, and good times I've found in my escapes here.

We'll talk soon. *Heart*
-Norb

Orange/Grey Street Cred font.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
November's not cool Update. · 10-31-17 11:23pm
by Fivesixer
Re: November's not cool Update. · 11-01-17 4:35am
by WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024
Re: November's not cool Update. · 11-01-17 11:09am
by Lyn's a sly fox
Re: November's not cool Update. · 11-01-17 11:41pm
by Kate - Writing & Reading
Re: Re: November's not cool Update. · 11-02-17 1:29pm
by Apondia
Re: November's not cool Update. · 11-27-17 10:38am
by SandraLynn Team Florent!
Re: Re: November's not cool Update. · 12-18-17 12:59am
by Elycia Lee ☮

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3141938