Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 14, 2017 at 2:08pm
Entry: Cure For Envy WC 300
Mike was ticked off. He just knew the CEO’s big announcement was going to be the promotion of Kathy, and there was no way he was going to take orders from her, but he would have to wait till Monday to find out.

On Mike’s way home, he passed a carnival. For some strange reason he seemed drawn to it, and stopped.

The carnival was buzzing with excitement. Kids in line for the rides. Teenagers trying to toss a ring on to the one single green bottle in the middle and win a prize.

Then Mike noticed the Forutne Teller’s tent. The sign said fortunes told for five dollars.

Mike went inside, an old woman was sitting at the table, shuffling a deck of cards.

She said, I’ve been waiting for you.

Mike said, yeah, I know, because your a fortune teller. You knew I was coming. Ha. Ha.

She said, you’re an unbeliever! Give me your hand.

Mike dutifully held it out.

She said, the message is clear, you’re troubled by something.

That was a lucky guess old woman, and Mike got up to leave.

She said, I have a potion to cure your envy.

Mike wanted to leave, but intrigued he listened, and when he left, he had the potion in his hand.

On Monday he followed her instructions, all he had to do was drink it and look directly into the CEO’s eyes and he would become him and the CEO would take over Mike’s pathetic body and life.

Right before the meeting, Mike did it. Now he stood at the podium to make the announcement, he read the words I am terminally ill and I’m stepping down effective immediately.

Mike looked straight into the eyes of his old self, who was laughing and leaping for joy.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry: Cure For Envy WC 300 · 11-14-17 2:08pm
by JustinRock

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3144181