Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 14, 2017 at 3:03pm
Entry: Celebration WC 275
Celebration
WC 271

I am sitting on my patio celebrating my divorce, my freedom; I am drinking champagne and nibbling smoked gouda and grapes as I look up into the night sky.

My plan was to make a wish on the North Star concerning my future. However, the sky is starless and the moon, non-existent. It is a strange feeling to see the Heavens devoid of substance, especially since the forecast had been for clear skies tonight throughout the Denver area.

The temperature has dropped ten degrees in the last few minutes, and the wind is gaining in intensity. I look up again and the sky has turned into a glowing green mass of, what I can only describe as energy.

The power in the entire neighborhood has gone out, plunging our world into darkness. Only the green sky lights our way.

If I need to escape, the electric garage door won’t open, and I will be trapped. I think of my ex-husband; he knows how to switch the door to manual. As much as I hate to admit it, I wish he was here.

I hear sirens. Someone pounds on the front door. It’s the police, I’m sure, telling me to get to safety.

“Where, pray tell, would that be?” I will ask the men in blue.

I open the door and my husband—ex-husband—is standing there.

“I thought you might be frightened,” he says as I let him in.

That old feeling shoots through my being. “Will you stay?”

We have decided to sleep in each other’s arms and see what tomorrow (if there is a tomorrow) will bring…together.

Some things are just meant to be, I guess.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entry: Celebration WC 275 · 11-14-17 3:03pm
by jackiesmuse

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3144185