(333)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #896794
Enter your story of 300 words or less.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 21, 2017 at 10:17pm
How Putin Steals Christmas
by Snarky
*Dollar* 50 GPs were sent to Arakun the Twisted Raccoon with this post.
         “Wanda, come here.”
         When the petite, red-headed elf entered the office, Bob Dobbins, Santa’s Chief Inspector in charge of preparing and implementing the List, was stooping toward the computer, fingers drumming the desk fretfully.
         Wanda recognized these signs. She looked over his shoulder. On the screen were imposed graphics of the Grinch, plus Scrooge and Krampus.
         “Does this computer have a virus?” Dobbins asked. “When I clicked on a kid’s name, I get the next window, but before I can read anything, these graphics showing the Grinch, Scrooge and Krampus appear, and it’s frozen. There was also evil laughter, before I turned off the sound.”
         “It’s the Grinch Virus,” she diagnosed. “Putin sent it, because we know one of his hacking groups hired the Grinch.”
         “Why would Putin want to hack Santa?”
         “If Putin thinks he can cause trouble in the West by hacking Santa, he will. Unhappy kids mean unhappy families, especially if it makes the news, and it might.”
         “How do we get rid of it? I need to work on The List.”
         “This virus spreads, so you can’t use this computer until the virus is gone. Everything’s connected, both the network and the North Pole software apps.”
         “Must I report the computer is broken, right before crunch time?
         “Um, yes. We’ve reported at least fifteen already. You were having fun in Canada setting up those Indian reservations with Santa, so you didn’t hear about it.”
         “Will we be able to get the presents ready on time?”
         “Yes, Santa always finds a way to get the presents ready on time. It just means our lives will be much more miserable. If you go to the storage rooms Ralph will bring you a typewriter or a pen, whichever you prefer.”
         Dobbins groaned.
         “Yes, it’s back to the Stone Age.”

[300 words]
I just want to say that I'd already started a story set in the North Pole before I read Dragonwoman's own story set in the North Pole. Sorry!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
How Putin Steals Christmas · 11-21-17 10:17pm
by Snarky

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Arakun the Twisted Raccoon.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3145204