*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3146298
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(683)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #100931
A message forum for general discussion. Please come and chat with others!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Nov 29, 2017 at 10:19am
THE CONCLUSION
by Crow
I believe I have finally arrived a conclusion which has been a while in coming. After long considerations of the art of reviewing and after many writings on the subject, I have concluded that the vast majority of reviewers on WDC are kind and generous souls. In my observations, they have seemed to bend over backward in giving writers more than an even break. They will approach even the most mediocre work and do everything they can to encourage the writer. Grammatical errors are dismissed, poor form overlooked, and wanting sentence structure ignored.

Of course, there are those who would say that such generous reviewers are only doling out a sense of false security. They believe that writers need the cold hard facts about their lack of skill. With such an opinion I must beg to differ.

As writers, we learn as we write. Many of the basics will come with practice and from reading the writing of others. All serious writers a continually honing their craft. They need the chance to do so without constant fear that some know-it-all will chop them off at the knees.

As a reviewer, be kind and considerate. Always be helpful by pointing out ways to improve, but as a mentor and not a judge. For the most part, that's the kind of people you'll find on WDC.

Happy Writing,
Crow

My passion for writing is born solely in the hope that I may influence reflections of a heart.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
THE CONCLUSION · 11-29-17 10:19am
by Crow
Re: THE CONCLUSION · 11-30-17 3:36am
by Veritas
Re: Re: THE CONCLUSION · 11-30-17 8:14am
by Crow
Re: Re: Re: THE CONCLUSION · 12-01-17 5:02am
by Veritas
Re: Re: THE CONCLUSION · 11-30-17 9:21am
by Zen
Re: Re: Re: THE CONCLUSION · 11-30-17 11:11am
by KenF

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3146298