*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3148310
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Dec 10, 2017 at 2:22am
Edited: December 10, 2017 at 3:15am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read intera...
To be clear, nothing was "installed" on anyone's computer. A script was included in our pages for a brief test. It was subsequently moved to an opt-in; it may or may not stay that way.

While I appreciate the suggestion(s), this is a technical support forum. I'm going to lock this thread after replying to keep things cleaner in terms of getting folks answers to support issues. BUT, you can head over to "Suggestion Box to post suggestions! *Thumbsupl*

We've added a number of features to the paid membership side of Interactive Stories over our 17+ years, usually thanks to feedback and "I'd pay for that!" kind of comments. Whenever possible, we're happy to oblige, whether a lot of folks do it or not -- Of course it does tend to be just the one person who suggested the feature that gets a paid membership to use it. *Laugh* All the same, suggestions are pretty key in helping determine which features we will add and we're absolutely always open to them. To be clear, though, we may not implement everything suggested, but we are for sure always open to hearing them.

To your specific suggestion though... I'm not hip to the idea of charging members (in the form of a paid membership) to access content of members who've either deleted their own accounts or those who've had their accounts closed due to inactivity. For better or worse, member who close their accounts are requesting the content be removed. It's one of those unfortunate side effects of building content on top of someone else's. For member accounts that have been closed due to inactivity, I just think that charging in the form of a membership to access that closed off content feels like a bad idea and is something I'm not comfortable with.

If you're suggesting that everyone would start paying for memberships if "only" we'd just stopped closing inactive accounts... We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. The numbers just don't add up and quite frankly more people would just be willing to carry a paid membership to support the creative interactive story concept we've created here.

HOWEVER, note that members with a PAID membership are never purged for inactivity. So.... If you have a specific item or few that you love... and you see the host accounts is NOT active or not logged into recently, you can GIFT THEM a memberships to keep the account active. $19.95 for a one year basic membership means that member's account can't be closed for inactivity. (The problem, of course, is that without an active moderator, stories goes in unintended ways with no owner to keep them on track or remove those "bad apple" chapters that inevitably get posted by misguided souls).

As is, we have one of the most open and unfiltered, free flowing and awesome interactive story systems anywhere on line or off... Which is why there's such a following for it here already, free and paid. Yet folks always seem to come along and say "well, that's not enough yet -- but if only you did THIS, then I'd pay for it..." *Angelic*

Best,
~~SM

A Few Helpful Tips...
  *Bullet*If your problem is with an item, please include its Item ID!
  *Bullet*New member? Start here!   "Getting Started: Table of Contents
  *Bullet*Find answers in our FAQ...   http://www.writing.com/main/faq
  *Bullet*Need Non-Technical Support?   "Non-Technical Support Forum

The Storymaster Sig II.
MESSAGE THREAD
Coinminer when trying to read interactive stories · 12-02-17 7:06am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactive stories · 12-02-17 8:30am
by Peri
Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactive stories · 12-02-17 9:51am
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactive st... · 12-02-17 12:57pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactiv... · 12-02-17 1:37pm
by Peri
Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactive stories · 12-02-17 3:36pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactive stories · 12-02-17 6:57pm
by Peri
Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactive st... · 12-02-17 7:10pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactiv... · 12-03-17 11:08pm
by Peri
Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactive st... · 12-03-17 1:41am
by A Non-Existent User
Message Suspended. · 12-03-17 8:56pm
by N/A
Message Suspended. · 12-04-17 6:50am
by N/A
Re: Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read interactiv... · 12-09-17 5:44pm
by Brayn
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coinminer when trying to read intera... · 12-10-17 2:22am
by The StoryMaster
This thread is locked and new replies may not be submitted.
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3148310