*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3150083
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(668)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 21, 2017 at 1:37am
Don't Mind Me, Awkward Nobody Coming Through
Hello! Nice to meet you all, I'm Crystalline. If that's too long, you can call me Crys, or Cry, or... Anything works really, as long as I know you're talking to me, heh.

I registered a few weeks ago but haven't done anything until now because, procrastination.This is a big new world, and honestly, all these buttons are a little intimidating. ^^" I'd love if someone could tell me what I should do first, because as much as I love aimless clicking, I figure I should probably set myself a few goals in life. Maybe.

I'm not new to writing; I've been writing fiction since I was eleven years old and spent years on Fanfiction dot net until the adults around me told me to get a life and I didn't realize I should just give them the middle finger.
I've mainly joined this site because, ever since I realized I ought to give the cynics a big middle-finger, I've been working towards changing my university major to Creative Writing. To do that, I have to write a portfolio and hope it's good. Logically, I realized that posting my work online for editing might be more productive than sitting with my fingers crossed.

What I love to write most is angst. People argue over whether or not angst can be considered its own genre, but to me, there's nothing more powerful than making people feel something. I love being able to move someone to tears over a character who isn't even real, to make readers mourn a character as if it were their own family. If people can emphasize with fictional characters, it might not be such a stretch to hope they start caring for the people around them - the ill, the homeless, or even ordinary people who are very sad deep down.
I like to write realistically - you'll very rarely find me writing about an alternate universe or science fiction. See, I think people's lives are interesting enough as they are. People might find riding public transit to be too ordinary to write about, but I see it as an opportunity: Where is everyone going? What do they think about? Do they stare out the windows, or do they dare glance at their riding companions? If they sneak a glance, what happens if those other people catch them staring? I find that even moments like these can be exciting.

Anyway, I hope you'll all welcome me! I hope I'll be able to find a place in this world, and that I'll be able to grow along with it.
~Crystalline
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Don't Mind Me, Awkward Nobody Coming Through · 12-21-17 1:37am
by Crystalline Faye
Re: Don't Mind Me, Awkward Nobody Coming Through · 12-22-17 2:29am
by Hanna ~ Be Kind 💕
Re: Don't Mind Me, Awkward Nobody Coming Through · 12-27-17 1:28am
by hollyda31
Re: Don't Mind Me, Awkward Nobody Coming Through · 12-28-17 4:08pm
by Kimbug

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/3150083